Medano Beach Cabo ?

C-U-ONBOARD

Ok so I asked this on in the "destination" section this morning, but got no replys, I know that this might get moved, but I thought hopefully I can get an answer before it gets bumped, I just knew the wonderful carnival people would have the answers I am looking for....

We will be traveling to Cabo on the Elation next month....For anyone who has taken a water taxi to Medano beach in Cabo.....Is it possible to ask the water taxi to stop over at Lovers Beach on the way? Will they do this? Or will they just cruise by it and not stop? Also, what should we expect to pay to go there? How long of a ride is it? Any other advise/tips about Medano beach would be appreciated....

Thanks in advance.....

Ok so I asked this on in the "destination" section this morning, but got no replys, I know that this might get moved, but I thought hopefully I can get an answer before it gets bumped, I just knew the wonderful carnival people would have the answers I am looking for....

We will be traveling to Cabo on the Elation next month....For anyone who has taken a water taxi to Medano beach in Cabo.....Is it possible to ask the water taxi to stop over at Lovers Beach on the way? Will they do this? Or will they just cruise by it and not stop? Also, what should we expect to pay to go there? How long of a ride is it? Any other advise/tips about Medano beach would be appreciated....

Thanks in advance.....

Yes they will take you to lovers beach. Not sure how far it is because we didn't go.

It's been awhile so I can't comment on the prices but yest water taxi's will take you to both places, but you can walk to Mendano beach from town (just cut through one of the restaurants or the hotel - Melia? I think). There used to be a few beach bars over there where you cold just hang out. Lover's beach is really beautiful. When we went we had to get out the boat into the water but it wasn't too deep to just hold your things above the waterline (this may be different now). But it's a must see. So scenic and so pretty. Oh how I want to go back! I've been there twice and I loved it!

We did the water taxi last month when we stopped in Cabo. We are a family of 5 and he charged us 48.00. That was round trip. It was a glass bottom boat and it was pretty fun. The waves get pretty choppy the closer you get to the arch. LOL He took us on a nice tour past the arch and past Lovers Beach and we even saw where the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific meet. Very beautiful. He fed the fish and you could see all these fish underneath us. It was fun. The kids loved it. And then off to Mendano beach. It is a nice beach, but a lot of people selling stuff. Non-stop. That kind of surprised me. Anyways, we told the guy what time to come back to get us and he was there on time. The trip over to the arch and lovers beach and to the Medano beach probably took only about 20 minutes. We did not stop at Lovers beach. Maybe you could ask to stop there. I dont see why not. But it is even nice just to see. Have a great trip!!

Thanks in advance.....

We used JT Watersports ( here is there website http://www.jtwatersports.com/glass.htm ), they will pick you up at the dock, take you to Medano beach where you get a glass bottom boat for a tour, then drop you at Lover's Beach for as long as you want, you can also rent snorkeling equipment from them, then they will drop you back at the dock after you are done.

There are several restaurants/bars along Medano Beach, we like The Office, the vendors won't (can't) come in to the restaurant area (umbrellas and tables in the sand), if you want to buy, you need to go to them.

You can also just grab one of the water taxis and I am sure that they will make you a good deal. Anyway you choose you should have a great time. Cabo is one of our favorite ports. We are going again in October and can't wait.

Archived