Does anyone know if Aurora is due for a refit

mhugcat

I wouldn't have thought so; seven years is a bit early. Oriana was 10 years old, I think, before her actual refit.

One of the main things that is often done during a major refit is to provide a 'speciality restaurant', i.e. a extra-cost, extra-quality restaurant. It was during her refit that Oriana got 'Oriana Rhodes' built. And (thinking of another cruise line) Celebrity's C-class ships (which are quite similar in size & facilities to Oriana & Aurora) are getting extra restaurants during refits: Century, refitted after 11 years in service, had the Murano's luxury restaurant added, and I'm told that Galaxy will get the same treatment if her refit in May goes ahead. She'll be 12 years old at that time.

Aurora already has a speciality restaurant, doesn't she? - isn't that what Cafe Bordeaux is, at least during the evening? Also she already has several decks of balcony cabins (Oriana only had one), and the addition of extra balconies is another task that is sometimes done during a refit. So I don't think there are compelling reasons to refit Aurora for a few years yet.

I was chatting to the Arcadian Rhodes Restaurant Manager while dining in AR on Arcadia last month and he told me that Gary Rhodes is thinking of taking over Cafe B on Aurora ....BUT it won't be a fine dining restaurant like it is on Arcadia and Oriana it will be a RHODES BISTRO serving 24hr food similar to Cafe B now.

I am on Aurora in 8 days and may dine in Cafe B one night, I'll see what I can find out;)

Sue

Yep my countdown clock says 5 days and 17 hours !

Are you carrying on your case or putting it in ship and letting porters deliver it to cabin?

We will have 3 cases and a suit carrier - there are 3 of us - so now way are we dragging that lot around. Luckily I have some C deck old labels the green ones used befor the printed ones came out, so our luggage will have them on mum in law is on A deck will get her a label at port i expect.

So silly not to print labels off and enc them with tickets. We had them for a 2nighter last Dec 06 , And I want them for a 3n cruise.!!

Sue

Yep my countdown clock says 5 days and 17 hours !

Are you carrying on your case or putting it in ship and letting porters deliver it to cabin?

We will have 3 cases and a suit carrier - there are 3 of us - so now way are we dragging that lot around. Luckily I have some C deck old labels the green ones used befor the printed ones came out, so our luggage will have them on mum in law is on A deck will get her a label at port i expect.

So silly not to print labels off and enc them with tickets. We had them for a 2nighter last Dec 06 , And I want them for a 3n cruise.!!

Sue

Why not do your own labels Sue?

Bev

Well, we are ok, as we have the C DECK old style labels at least they are nice and clear , have put the cruise no and cabin number on them like the old days.

Will they insist on pando labels do you think? Or will DIY one be ok for mum-in-law, otherwise we may have to queue for one label at the enquiry desk? perhaps porters will have some by the shoot?

Sue

Good news Sue the long range forecast is good and for Southampton Sunday sunny bright and 23 degree yipeee carn't wait.

We will most like hand carry as Im sure we will have a suit carrier and a vanity box and one trolly bag we are both fit and able so Im sure we will manage.

We are on A Deck right near the bow just behind the Piano Suite not been that far forward before

Archived