Nervous

niffer03878

We leave in 17 days for our first cruise. We have our Passports, Formal Wear :D , Bathing Suits, lots of Suntan Lotion, nice clothes for dinners etc, our Documents, our completed Fun Pass among other items. I just feel like we are forgetting something. I keep a vacation spreadsheet for our all our vacations but as this is our first cruise I don't know all there is to know.

I am worried that our flight there will be delayed or the weather will be bad. I'm a constant worrier anyways, but this is a whole new thing for me.

Is there something important that I am or could forget??? I've already decided that I'm going with the attitude that I'm going to have a good time no matter what, but I am still so nervous!!!!

Please help calm my nerves and fears

Travel insurance

Dramamine

Pepto

Photo copy of your passports

Imodium

Cash

travelers checks

2 credit cards

All phone numbers including your TA that way when you get on board and find you are bunking with the crew you can call them:D

niffer, please ignore the rude comments. Any cruise is a big deal, especially your first one, and it can be a little overwhelming not knowing what to expect.

I think you've got it covered, but remember that the only truly essential things are your travel documents and a credit card. Anything else you might forget can be bought or done without, so don't stress. The only thing I'd add to your list is: your most comfortable shoes, for port days.

Part of the charm of your first cruise is that, well, it's your first! Just take it all in, and understand that once you're onboard, that whole big beautiful ship is all yours. Be busy, be lazy -- your choice. Let them cater to your every whim. Relax and enjoy!

niffer, please ignore the rude comments. Any cruise is a big deal, especially your first one, and it can be a little overwhelming not knowing what to expect.

Part of the charm of your first cruise is that, well, it's your first! Just take it all in, and understand that once you're onboard, that whole big beautiful ship is all yours. Be busy, be lazy -- your choice. Let them cater to your every whim. Relax and enjoy!

I have learned to take some people's comments with a grain of salt :D . Even my DH who has not been excited at all for the cruise is FINALLY getting excited about it. We just want to go and relax and actually spend some quality time together. I know that I plan on being as lazy as possible, even during our "excursion" to Breezes where we can be lazy there too lol.

At least we have our DS9's school starting this week to keep us busy. I really don't know how I'm going to make it the next 2 weeks.

Sounds like you have everything covered. The only advice I can give is do NOT pack your ID in your checked luggage like I did on our first cruise. Luckily, we discovered it before we got into the terminal. My husband did have to go to the porter that unloaded our luggage and have him go find the cart with our bag on it. I was terrified that we weren't going to get to get on the ship. I learned my lesson though. It won't happen again.

Way to go!! :confused: Nice to make a new cruiser feel good. :cool:

If she is gonna worry about everything in her list, she obviously doesn't feel good anyway.

BTW, my post was primarily a spoof !

(You were so busy "worrying" about the poster, guess ya missed it) Sorry for the pun !

Now, we got 2 worriers (sp ??)

Remember to let your credit card company know you are going when and where. Very important for they can block your card if they think the activity is suspicious. Had it happen to us in Europe!

The best thing I learned from here to take is an over the door shoe bag. In fact Walmart or Target even has one now especially for travel.

It's just so much easier to stay organized and have everything at hand!

If she is gonna worry about everything in her list, she obviously doesn't feel good anyway.

BTW, my post was primarily a spoof !

(You were so busy "worrying" about the poster, guess ya missed it) Sorry for the pun !

Now, we got 2 worriers (sp ??)

I don't think you are being very fair! What's wrong with my being nervous/worried about something that I have never experienced???? I am sure that most people are nervous/worried the first time they cruised or did something for that very first time not knowing what to expect.

I am sure that you were "joking" on your 1st post but your 2nd was not funny. I've gotten excellent advice from so many others, people who actually care about the experiences of others and are more then willing to share what they have learned with those that haven't had the opportunity to experience what so many of you already have.

And what do you mean I "don't feel good anyway"? How would you know what I feel? I just want to make sure that my DH's and my 1st real vacation together after 11 1/2 years of marriage is relaxing. I want to make sure that I don't forget anything.

What is so wrong with that????

Archived