X Strikes again! Or How Not To Make Friends!

donnaw

I am sure with all your travel experience over the years, you take very good care of yourself, as well as do many professional women who travel daily for their jobs. Married, divorced, single. You have experience. My daughter and "ALL" I have politely discussed is MY daughter, will travel with us and not with a group of girls because of the lesson we saw in Aruba. Most of her friends parents in our town feel the same. Our family and our personal decison. Thanks for such a unkind board responsives to a kindly placed reply regarding Celebrity cancelling my daughters springbreak. Still with much Aloha............!

"Because of what happened in Aruba" is much more likely to happen in the US, and actually happens almost daily, without all the PR, because most of these girl's parents are not so rich that they can afford the media blitz.

Floris

"Because of what happened in Aruba" is much more likely to happen in the US, and actually happens almost daily,

You would think a ship or just about any island is safer than any campus if a person is brought up what to expect when interacting with strangers.

I am sorry we don't share opinions, although I can at least respect yours. I have no research to support if campus are more dangerous than a cruise ship or island, nor if interacting with strangers is a way to insure her saftey. We booked directly with Celebrity and notified at the end of August. My comments where taken off topic of this orginal thread. The lack of tolerance and understanding on this board has taken the fun out of joining. I am sorry the way we are raising our family somehow offends you. Kindest regards.

In my opinion, there is one risk factor that is shared by a cruise ship, island resort, and college campus. All three environments provide a false sense of confidence, as opposed to an urban setting where young women are more likely to be guarded and take precautions to insure their safety.

[quote=florisdekort;11777798because most of these girl's parents are not so rich that they can afford the media blitz.

Floris

Oh for heavens sake, I have relatives who know Natalie's parents (both of them even though they are divorced and living in different areas now), so if you are somehow implying that they are wealthy, you are very much misinformed and have an uneducated opinion on this subject. Schoolteachers are not wealthy but earn every penny and more of what they're paid. Her father (not her stepfather) lives in the Meridian, MS area and is NOT wealthy either.

Donna

This seems to have taken on a life of its own while I wasn't looking.

We returned yesterday from Connie to a lot of work piled up and some issues that have to take priority so haven't dealt with the March cruise issue yet.

Before we left, we gave our TA two cruises that had potential for her to work on with customer service.

When we boarded Connie we found a very nice bottle of sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries were delivered the first evening courtesy of the RCI customer service rep who finally took over dealing with the booking mess.

Happynewbie, just plan on having a wonderful time!

Arno, Thanks for the offer but will wait and see what they come up with on the other two.

Will update when anything new happens.

Archived