Private sailboat rental?

blambition

Has anyone rented a private sailboat with a Captain for 3-4 hours to sail out of Hamilton? I have checked into it and found a 51' sailboat that is available to rent by the hour. Since we have 6 passengers we would like to spend the extra dollars and do our own sightseeing/snorkeling. We were there last year and have done a snorkel trip and a taxi tour and of course we hit the beaches. Loved the carriage ride also. I must admit I am trying to plan something different that we did not do last time. I know we run a bit of a risk as they do not cancel for weather unless it is severe. I guess we just take our Bonine. lol Any feedback would be appreciated.

Vicki

Has anyone rented a private sailboat with a Captain for 3-4 hours to sail out of Hamilton? I have checked into it and found a 51' sailboat that is available to rent by the hour. Since we have 6 passengers we would like to spend the extra dollars and do our own sightseeing/snorkeling. We were there last year and have done a snorkel trip and a taxi tour and of course we hit the beaches. Loved the carriage ride also. I must admit I am trying to plan something different that we did not do last time. I know we run a bit of a risk as they do not cancel for weather unless it is severe. I guess we just take our Bonine. lol Any feedback would be appreciated.

Vicki

before you finalize the reservation you should make sure you have a crystal clear understanding of the cancellation policy. charter sailboats here are all ocean-going vessels, so a little bit of choppy water inshore does not affect their safety or comfort. this means if it's a little breezier than average, it's still okay for them to operate while many of the other tours have to cancel because of the wind, like the real snorkel excursions and parasailing and some glassbottom boats, but you definitely want to be able to cancel penalty free in case of rain. this is what needs to be made clear from the start.

Hello bdaguy

I have a question about private boat rentals for you.

It's just my honey and I going back to bermuda and if we wanted to rent a boat for maybe an hour ( or more) worth of private sightseeing with/without a captain is it easy to do ? Anyone you'd recommend? Thanks for any advice.

Hello bdaguy

I have a question about private boat rentals for you.

It's just my honey and I going back to bermuda and if we wanted to rent a boat for maybe an hour ( or more) worth of private sightseeing with/without a captain is it easy to do ? Anyone you'd recommend? Thanks for any advice.

without a captain you are lookin at renting a small boat, from 13' up to 23'. if you only want it for an hour and are in the east end you should try mike stevens at grotto bay, 441 293 8333, ask for watersports. if you need it for an hour or so in the west, windjammer at the end of cambridge road in somerset 441 234 0250. both of these rent 13' boats. if you desire a larger boat and are in hamilton, then go for aquatic bermuda. their smallest boats are 17' boston whalers. they also have an 18' pontoon boat with cd stereo. they have the only rental boat with a toilet. women seem to need this feature more than guys. all companies have a damage clause, but aquatic can provide a guide to drive the boat for you and that way you avoid any damage responsibility. only thing is aquatic only rents half day and whole day. 441 236 2200 www.aquaticbermuda.com

You are too cool bdaguy ! Thanks as always for the great informative information you provide to me and others. I'm going to look into this, mainly want to see if its affordable$$$$

without a captain you are lookin at renting a small boat, from 13' up to 23'. if you only want it for an hour and are in the east end you should try mike stevens at grotto bay, 441 293 8333, ask for watersports. if you need it for an hour or so in the west, windjammer at the end of cambridge road in somerset 441 234 0250. both of these rent 13' boats. if you desire a larger boat and are in hamilton, then go for aquatic bermuda. their smallest boats are 17' boston whalers. they also have an 18' pontoon boat with cd stereo. they have the only rental boat with a toilet. women seem to need this feature more than guys. all companies have a damage clause, but aquatic can provide a guide to drive the boat for you and that way you avoid any damage responsibility. only thing is aquatic only rents half day and whole day. 441 236 2200 www.aquaticbermuda.com

Bdaguy, I was told that they only cancel if it is raining hard or very windy. Light rain is not a reason they would cancel. We are going to be there the 8-10 of Oct. and are hoping for nice weather. What I was thinking is having the captain take us around the area so we could see the homes from the water side and have a relaxing day on the water. We can bring our lunch and eat on the boat. I have noticed that the same boat is shown on more than one website so I think the owner is now letting this place act as a broker for him. It is the same price either way. I believe the cancellation is 100% within 4 weeks so weather is not an option unless they call it. Fantasea is the one company that I have been in contact with. They seem to be a large company are you familiar with them?

Thanks for your help.

Vicki

Archived