El Yunque Tour operators

spirite

Hi. We are disembarking in San Juan in April and staying over night in the Holiday Inn Express. The kids want to do the rainforest and we have a choice of the cruise excursion (Royal Caribbean) or to book it independently in advance.

Can anybody suggest a reputable operator who could pick up/drop off from the hotel (or nearby)?

Thanks!

My wife & I have used Victor and Tony on separate trips. They are from Countryside tours.

Countryside Tours [countrysidetourspr@yahoo.com]

LeoNides1501@hotmail.com (Tony)

Both are excellent and very informative. I would highly recommend either. You can customize your tour with them and they will pick you up at your hotel.

RCCL - Adventure of the Seas 6/07

RCCL - Adventure of the Seas 6/06

RCCL - Adventure of the Seas 5/05

Carnival - Paradise 5/04

Carnival - Destiny 8/03

Carnival - Paradise 5/02

Carnival - Paradise 5/00

my family used Victor of countrysidetourspr @ yahoo.com . We went to the forest and he took us to places that most visitors do not go to.

Then we stopped at a food stand for a drink and he and the owner put up a heck of a show with a guitar and local instruments.

Everybody in the place got involve and it looked like a big party.

• 4 weeks later...

HI

I agree with GA Cruzin.

Consider getting a rental car (way cheaper). El YUnque is 45 mins from San Juan - directions are pretty straight forward.

Get there early to avoid the crowds + get good parking. Then hike one or more of the trails (there are several, that are easy to find and are pretty well marked).

or you can do a ranger walk from the visitor center (these are around 10am I believe).

After the rainforest, head to Luquillo beach if you have time and have food at the roadside kiosks.

There is rainforest trail info at my blog here:

http://www.visit-the-coqui.com/places-to-see/el-yunque/walking-trails-in-el-yunque-rainforest/

have fun

Archived