Barcelona airport to HOtel Continental (Las Ramblas)?

hillbil

-what is the best way to get to Hotel Continental at the top of Las Ramblas near Cataluña Square from Barclona airport? Plane arrives at 11:10 am.

-any other suggestions re our 2 day Barcelona visit appreciated!

Thanks,

Hillbil

We took a taxi from the front of the air port to our hotel near LasRamblas there is also a bus right in front to the airport, there were long lines to get on it so we took the taxi. I can't remember how much it cost. Lorelle

We took a taxi from the front of the air port to our hotel near LasRamblas there is also a bus right in front to the airport, there were long lines to get on it so we took the taxi. I can't remember how much it cost. Lorelle

the taxi should run you around 25 Euro .. and to really get a feel for the city try the HOHO buses ... especially the Red & Orange routes .. get off at Guell park and at the Spanish Village for some great sight seeing and lunch at the village .. also don't miss the Gaudi Houses especially La Pedera ... or lunch or dinner at the top of the Condes Ingles dept store ... ah there is so much to see .. it's one of our favorite cities the Hotel Continental Palacate is quite nice

wolf

last November we took a taxi to the area of the Continential and it was only 13 Euros- cost more than that to go to the pier from the hotel. I had heard before that it was in the 25 or so range. It was one of the yellow cabs. The year before in May it cost 26 from an independent cab. To the pier we flagged one down and it was only 6 .50. Go figure, maybe off seson is different.

Mary

last November we took a taxi to the area of the Continential and it was only 13 Euros- cost more than that to go to the pier from the hotel. I had heard before that it was in the 25 or so range. It was one of the yellow cabs. The year before in May it cost 26 from an independent cab. To the pier we flagged one down and it was only 6 .50. Go figure, maybe off seson is different.

Mary

the 25 Euro fee was from the hotel to the airport early morning so I figure it would be about the same from the airport to the hotel ... it was about 7 Euro from the port to the hotel on a sunday morn

wolf

-what is the best way to get to Hotel Continental at the top of Las Ramblas

In a stretched limo that has a bar with a nice selection of drinks. ;) Sorry ... I stole that answer from someone on the Europe board.

We used the airport bus to get to the Continental Palacete - if you don't mind walking with luggage for a block or two to get from Placa Catalunya to your hotel, the airport bus is a reasonable option at under 4E pp. It was only half full when we took it, so not a problem keeping an eye on our luggage.

For suggestions on what to do in Barcelona, have a look at the Europe forum .... lots of good threads on this topic there.

Barcelona is a fascinating city...enjoy!

Greetings,

To be cost effective if you don't mind packing your luggage for less than a half of a city block use the AEROBUS. The price is approx 3.50/3.75 euro per person one way no extra charge for luggage as in a cab. A cab stand is across the street from the Continental. In the past cabs have charged about .90 euro per bag extra

Have a great cruise We are on the TA in Dec on Millie

Bruton Branch:)

We took the bus. We then got off about half a mile from our hotel and walked our suitcases down the road. No dramas.

After a week in Barcelona our concierge would not allow us out of the hotel until he had ensure that the way was clear.

When we left for the airport we took a taxi. It was quick, direct, and not too expensive.

Barcelona is a cosmopolitian city and you need your wits about you to ensure that you arrive in the hotel, safe with all you belongings and your wallet intact.

Pay the taxi driver in the cab before you get out of the taxi. Put your wallet away.

When we were there with a small group of 17000 we all knew someone who had been mugged or been mugges ourselves. By June the US Consulate had re-issued some 120 US passports. An American I sat next to on the plane out had even had his hotel room cleared, suitcases and all.

Take care and take a taxi.

When we were there with a small group of 17000 we all knew someone who had been mugged or been mugges ourselves. By June the US Consulate had re-issued some 120 US passports. An American I sat next to on the plane out had even had his hotel room cleared, suitcases and all.

Take care and take a taxi.

17000? That's not a small group; it's a Midwestern town! Do you mean mugged or pick pocketed? By mugged, I would presume confronted and threatened, whereas by pick pocketed, I mean simply relieved of their valuables without their knowledge.

Mugged usually or, as I said, had their rooms raided. One was actually threatened in a shop off the Ramblas and had his wallet taken - no finesse.

Top of the Ramblas is a large square. To the right is an entry to a pedestrian area that returns parallel to the Ramblas. We watched this youth - early 20s - doing lazy circles on a bicycle just eyeing the tourists ready for a bag snatch. Bit like our 'pickpocket' trainer, we were ready. We left before he did the snatch.

Others were physically assaulted.

If you remain within the Ramblas, especially after dark, you may be robbed but probably not assaulted. Keep a sacraficial wallet.

Down on the waterfront are some fabulous restaurants and not to be missed but do take care when you leave. Half the battle is to keep your wits about you. Walk to one side and half a pace back from the next person, especially your wife.

Mugged usually or, as I said, had their rooms raided. One was actually threatened in a shop off the Ramblas and had his wallet taken - no finesse.

Top of the Ramblas is a large square. To the right is an entry to a pedestrian area that returns parallel to the Ramblas. We watched this youth - early 20s - doing lazy circles on a bicycle just eyeing the tourists ready for a bag snatch. Bit like our 'pickpocket' trainer, we were ready. We left before he did the snatch.

Others were physically assaulted.

If you remain within the Ramblas, especially after dark, you may be robbed but probably not assaulted. Keep a sacraficial wallet.

Down on the waterfront are some fabulous restaurants and not to be missed but do take care when you leave. Half the battle is to keep your wits about you. Walk to one side and half a pace back from the next person, especially your wife.

My goodness -- can you name that hotel? Even my tour books warn about gypsys and pick-pockets. Sorta scary. Vickie

Archived