ON A LIGHTER NOTE... What will you be reading on your upcoming cruise?

NorCalCruiseGuy

I really like 'THE PEOPLE" series by Kathleen and Michael Gear.

Here is a link.

http://www.tor.com/Gears/index.html

Packed full of factual details such as how ancient people of the America's lived their daily lives and maps, plus time lines.

Also for the suspense and scary factor is Lincoln Child and Douglas Preston.

http://www.prestonchild.com/bios/child/

Comanche Moon - Larry McMurtry (this is the prequel to Lonesome Dove)

The series starts in January on network tv, so I've got to finish the book before then!

Also, just discovered author Greg Iles. (mystery) Have 1 audiobook to take along on holiday cruise (THIS WEEKEND - - YIPEE!) and 1 hardback. I started the hardback just to see if i'd like the writer and so far, so good.

seemed like a good topic for me. Have 2 soft cover books about the history of rum and what it takes to make drinks. I plan on leaving 1 hardbound at home. I thought I might as well read about an important industry of the area while I was there. Now I have something to look for while I shop. Rum cake also is of interest to me.

Yes, I do like rum, but am thinking about gifts. Some of the rum made in the islands seems not to be available in the states. I may not buy any, but it will be fun to look. The small distillieries should be interesting.

Will back those 2 books up with a couple from this thread. I do not plan on becoming an wizard on rum. I have never tried it "neat". Have you?

Archived