1. 1. Where do you stand on the issue of the Guest Conduct Policies

• I follow the policies
    • I don't follow the policies
    • I don't want to answer
    • Only if people are looking

Great poll. I just wish now the top one would have been divided in two:

- I follow all the rules all the time

- I generally follow the rules

I really don't believe that high a % follows all the rules all of the time;)

Wow! I believe that people are staying away from answering this poll only because they don't want to show that they really DON'T abide by the Guest Conduct policies.

I base this on all the 'How do I smuggle <insert your favorite item here> on board?', 'Will I get caught if I <insert your favorite action here>?', 'Is it ok if my children do <insert your favorite cutesy kid story here>?', 'Why can't I save chairs?', 'My kid is a good kid and since they are on vacation they don't have to abide by RCCL's <insert your favorite RCCL Expletive here> curfew!', and all the other fun threads we love to hate.

As the OP said, If you can be up front, vocal, and very proud of the fact about how bad RCCL and their policies and contracts are and how you are not going to abide by them, yet you will continue to spend your money with them anyways; you can at least be honest in a semi-anonymous poll.

Great poll. I just wish now the top one would have been divided in two:

- I follow all the rules all the time

- I generally follow the rules

I really don't believe that high a % follows all the rules all of the time;)

I did think about it for a minute, but if you generally follow the policies ,then you don't follow them. I understand most people don't blatantly break all of them, but if you know what they are and choose not to abide by them then you don't follow the policies. You could have also chosen the 'I follow them only when people are looking'. This would be similar to the choice you are looking for.

Wow! I believe that people are staying away from answering this poll only because they don't want to show that they really DON'T abide by the Guest Conduct policies.

Perhaps they aren't bothering to respond because of lack of interest. This isn't the only thread on CC that assumes most people here need to be corrected.

I think some of us think we follow these to the letter (really, how hard is it to remember not to wear a swimsuit to the dining room?), but if you want to nit-pick, you'll find we're not perfect. For instance: If your spouse leaves to go to the restroom, and you tell someone that seat is taken, you've saved a seat. Like another poster said, it's a matter of interpretation.

I have a horror story reguarding this question , we recently cruised with a large group on adventure of the seas 8/4/07 most of the group was jewish we were haveing a great time and we were laughing loud in the dinning room after dinner we were asked to meet with the matradi we were told that others were complaining about us suddenly they appeared calling us dirty jews and making threats of violence ! To our surprize the next am we were called to the cheif pursers and we learned that the complaints were not that we laughed loud they were Iranians and were angry that one of our men may have spoken to the women in their group and that our women were drinking! Now our biggist surprise was yet to come we were told that if anything else happened we would be put off the ship in st marteen Well we didnt do anything in the first place so we were in fear of what might happen next! it all ended well the cheif of security did a detailed investigation and found what we said all along we did nothing but this ruined or cruise the cruise line doesnt care whos right or wrong any trouble and your off!!! I UNDERSTAND BUT I JUST SEE THIS HAPPENING AGAIN TO SOMEONE ELSE!!!:(

I follow the rules;but I'm not going to let it ruin my vacation if others don't.:)

I read everything about everything so I know what is expected where I am going either cruise or resort.

If people don't want to follow policies set by the management then they shouldn't go to those places. I don't go on vacation to "tolerate" unruley kids, rude people etc...

I can't stand the people that say "I am on vacation so, I 'll do want I want" obviously, they don't think that others are also on vacation. These people probably have little respect for others when they are not on vacation either.

Perhaps they aren't bothering to respond because of lack of interest. This isn't the only thread on CC that assumes most people here need to be corrected.

I think some of us think we follow these to the letter (really, how hard is it to remember not to wear a swimsuit to the dining room?), but if you want to nit-pick, you'll find we're not perfect. For instance: If your spouse leaves to go to the restroom, and you tell someone that seat is taken, you've saved a seat. Like another poster said, it's a matter of interpretation.

I am not sure that there is a lack of interest in the Guest Conduct Policies. Every other thread about this topic is very heated and passionate about how they really don't care what the GCP says because they are on their vacation dag nab it that they paid for and they are going to do what they want, act like they want, when they want and noone is going to tell them differently.

I have even seen these comments:

If you follow RCCL's guest conduct policies and abide by their rules, you are only a lowly lemming.
I am not giving up my freedom because of some stupid contract and it is my right to behave the way I want to.

If you read the Guest Conduct Policies closely, they are nothing but common sense behavior that should be a part of our daily lives already. A lot of it is common curtesy to others around you. So it was very easy for me to respond 'I follow the policies.' because I do. I never said I was perfect. Nor do I pretend to be.

There really is a difference between you saving your wifes chair who was sitting in it just a moment ago when she goes to the restroom and someone who walks up and puts a 'saving item' on a chair and then doesn't come back for 2 hours. There also is a difference between putting a 'saving item' on a pool lounge chair and then hopping in the pool and swimming for 30 minutes and putting a 'saving item' down and then going to eat breakfast in WindJammer for 30 minutes.

As someone else stated, the people who behave badly on cruises more than likely behave badly in real life away from the cruise. It is a sad commentary on the 'entitlement way of life' that has permeated into our society today.

I have a horror story reguarding this question , we recently cruised with a large group on adventure of the seas 8/4/07 most of the group was jewish we were haveing a great time and we were laughing loud in the dinning room after dinner we were asked to meet with the matradi we were told that others were complaining about us suddenly they appeared calling us dirty jews and making threats of violence ! To our surprize the next am we were called to the cheif pursers and we learned that the complaints were not that we laughed loud they were Iranians and were angry that one of our men may have spoken to the women in their group and that our women were drinking! Now our biggist surprise was yet to come we were told that if anything else happened we would be put off the ship in st marteen Well we didnt do anything in the first place so we were in fear of what might happen next! it all ended well the cheif of security did a detailed investigation and found what we said all along we did nothing but this ruined or cruise the cruise line doesnt care whos right or wrong any trouble and your off!!! I UNDERSTAND BUT I JUST SEE THIS HAPPENING AGAIN TO SOMEONE ELSE!!!:(

Oh boy. It is nice to know that passengers who don't happen to like the religion or nationality of fellow cruisers can get them tossed off the ship.:(

It is sad that religion and a belief system had to have a potential negative impact here. But I am glad to see that the staff did exactly what they should have and fully investigated what happened before they took action.

I would expect that action and outcome for any incident of the GCP. To me the staff did their job.

Uh-oh, I selected the answer that I follow the rules. Then, I remembered that I sometimes use offensive language in private with DH, but the "rule" says anyone! I should have selected the one that states only when no one is looking :)

I've witnessed obnoxious behavior, I don't always like it but I'm on a vacation, I'm there to relax. I don't want to monitor anyone or have anyone monitoring me. The ship is large enough that if someone is bothering me I go somewhere else.

There are lots of deck chairs, why does everyone want to be next to the pool? To me it's the worst place to sit. I've been on too many cruises to get excited about the shows, but there are always seats to sit in even if we get there after the show starts.

I might change my outlook on these "rules" threads if someone tries to beat me up.

Archived