New Port Decision?

travgurl

With great saddness I guess we will not be going to Costa Maya in Feb. I was there in July and I just loved that port. We spent a very memorable day in Mahajual. So, when will Carnival make the decision in the port schedule and where do you think they will go? The ports were Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya and Grand Cayman.

With great saddness I guess we will not be going to Costa Maya in Feb. I was there in July and I just loved that port. We spent a very memorable day in Mahajual. So, when will Carnival make the decision in the port schedule and where do you think they will go? The ports were Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya and Grand Cayman.

You will lose that and belize so far and go to key west and progresso

I don't think they've announced changes for the Valor yet. I'm anxiously awaiting news as well to see where the Liberty will go but know it may take them a while to iron out the details of a more permanent schedule.

I am very sad for the wonderful people of Costa Maya. The pictures are just awful. I'd really like to hit Belize or Roatan as an alternate but will find something to do wherever they send us.

I know that on a few of the itineraries for next week they have dropped Belize but I think it is just temporary to give them time to clean up some from the storm. They didn't have the damage that Costa Maya did but probably still need to do some work.

Belize is a great port - I hope they don't drop it for you! But who knows what they will end up doing with so many ships to reroute.

I'm leaving on the Legend Sunday:) and they changed our itineary to include Ocho Rios and Key West instead of Belize and Costa Maya. While you probably won't go to Costa Maya, Belize should be fine.

travgurl, they cancelled some of the Belize stops for the upcoming week's cruises - but I don't think it will affect us in February. It sounds more a temporary measure to deal with Dean's immediate effects. As for the Costa Maya stop, I'm figuring on either a day at sea (I wouldn't object) or, if they can make the substitution, a stop at Playa del Carmen, Cozumel, or Progresso. I already know I'd love to go back to Paradise Beach in Cozumel; if it's PDC, I'd book an excursion for Tulum, and if it's Progresso I'd try for Chichen Itza.

There's a post on the Costa Maya board from someone who's been in contact with Ivan (from David & Ivan). He writes that they're fine, but most of the folks in Chacchoben lost everything. They're hoping to run some tours out of PDC, if possible, until Costa Maya is back in operation. I wish them well - they run a great set of tours.

Archived