NCL Crown 8/26 delayed sailing

beachin'

Has anyone heard if the Crown is operable without problems and on schedule? I checked NCL's site and couldn't find any information.

It isn't news worthy when a ship is running properly.

We'll have to wait until Sunday night, it appears, to find out.

It doesn't appear anyone aboard the Crown is online with this forum this week.

By any chance do you have the dailies from this cruise? We leave (barring any mechanical or weather problems :eek: ) 9/9 for Bermuda on the Crown. I have been looking for someone who has them and have just been out of luck.

I've been on the look out for the dailies, too. Found them for other NCL ships, but no Crown to Bermuda

Has anyone heard if the Crown is operable without problems and on schedule? I checked NCL's site and couldn't find any information.

I assume all is well if we haven't heard anything here or on NCL website.

Well, we're back today from the Crown and enjoyed it very much despite the short and rainy time on Bermuda, and despite not setting sail until two days later.

Check-in took quite a while - 2 1/2 hours from the time we got on line to the time we boarded the ship. About half way through the line, they handed out statements saying we were not sailing that day and we could either receive a full refund if we preferred not to sail, otherwise, they would give us a 50 percent cruise refund, as well as a partial refund of government taxes and fees if we chose to sail. According to the pier supervisor who checked us in, most people were very unhappy and she stated she was getting screamed at most of the day. Although we all would have loved to spend more time in Bermuda, this was something out of NCL's control, and I personally think their offer was quite generous.

They had complimentary wine, beer, rum punch at the pool deck for an hour or so once everyone was on board.

The only reason I chose to sail on the Crown was because of the Bermuda itinerary - I would have never chosen this ship otherwise. So with low expectations of an older ship, I was pleasantly surprised. The quad cabin was certainly not as small as other cabins I've been in, and there was plenty of storage space. One small note - the cabins have actual key locks and the doors are not self-locking behind you, so you must unlock and lock your cabin with your key. The food exceeded my expectations as well. There was plenty of variety, particularly on the buffet. The chocolate sculptures on the chocoholic buffet were very impressive. The line to the chocoholic buffet looked very long but actually moved quite quickly. The wait staff were very accommodating, for the most part. Some were exceptional, others "did their job". Yet when listening to other passengers' conversations, it seems (as will always be the case) that they went on a different cruise. The entertainment was good, particularly the comedian juggler.

On Thursday we docked in Hamilton and bought bus ticket booklets. We went to Horseshoe Bay where they were planning on having some sort of big beach party celebration put on by the tourism department. However, due to the inclement weather, I heard it was postponed until the next day (probably got cancelled that day as well, since it rained even more on Friday). We did get a few peeks of sun, and decided to head over to Elbow Beach to have lunch with the NCL voucher program and spend time on the beach there. It started to downpour so after lunch we went back to the ship and then shopped a bit in Hamilton in the rain.

On Friday it was raining again, so we shopped again, and then saw a break in the clouds, so we decided to try our luck at Elbow Beach again. Although it's been awhile since I've been to Elbow Beach - it was just as I remembered it - a beautiful long beach with lots of waves and wind. The weather turned stormy as we swam in the ocean with the seas churning everywhere around us, getting pelted by the heavy rain. We did get out of the water once we determined this might be a little dangerous. So we walked to our bus stop in the pouring rain looking like drowned rats, getting soaked by the passing cars, but it was actually kind of fun.

Disembarkation was a breeze - they called our color, we got our luggage, and were out on the sidewalk all in less than 5 minutes.

To future cruisers on the Crown to Bermuda - enjoy!

Hi Beachin

Thank your for sharing your week. Did they have a talent show? Glad yoiu had a great time.

Yes, they did have a passenger talent show on the last night. I think there were about eight participants on our sailing and they awarded winners in two categories - junior and adult.

Well' date=' we're back today from the Crown and enjoyed it very much despite the short and rainy time on Bermuda, and despite not setting sail until two days later.[/quote']

Thanks for the report. Glad you enjoyed the cruise. We were on the Crown a month ago and went to Elbow Beach, it has to be one of the best beaches we've ever visited. It's a beautiful place.

The day before we did the "drowned rat" thing walking from Tobacco Bay back to the ship. It was kinda fun, it's been quite some time since I was out in a rainstorm like that without an umbrella.

Archived