P&O Med/ Caribbean

cruisebore

WE have never cruised on a P&O Med. cruise preferring to catch our ship in the Med rather than chance an 'iffy' Bay of Biscay.

However, I am told that the atmosphere aboard is TOTALLY different to that we experience on the winter cruises in the Caribbean.

Is this so? and why.

Regards

Cb

Its true the Bay is iffy i suppose - do you suffer from sea sickness then? but we have had no problems crossing the bay to Med and canaries. Cruising from Southampton will always mean 2-3 days at sea before the first port of course, so this will be different than your fly cruise to the caribbean , But it has its advantages - the biggest one being you can take as much lugguge as you like - no probs. If you drive down, the porter unloads your car and it goes straight into the ship, and is next seen in your cabin. great stuff. Also the 2-3 days at sea give you time to relax, unwind and get to know the ship before the hectic ports of the Med.

We really enjoyed our med cruise end June/July this year. Photos can be viewed on this link if interested

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/BestMedPiccies

Sue

You are right, the atmosphere is completely different. On the Caribbean fly-cruises you board to the sound of steel bands and everyone is wearing swimwear and everyone is a lot younger! The whole atmosphere is MUCH more relaxed, the staff look happier, the local people are much more relaxed, the weather is better and the sea is calm all the time. We are off on the Arcadia to the Caribbean in November and cannot wait. Despite all these advantages we are also going on the Arcadia next July to the med, could not resist the itinerary and opportunity to "do" the med on the Arcadia on a child-free ship. If you haven't been on a cruise to the med in the summer you won't know what I mean by this.

Janey

really fancy Caribbean , but hubby isn't keen on the long , cramped -so i read - flight atall. He hates flying....may have to wait till he retires or do the so/ton to so/ton caribbean cruise over christmas time when he has holiday from work , but you paint a lovely picture with your description.

Did you see my med cruise piccies? link above post?

Have you got any photos on the web?

I love Arcadia too, next year we are crusiing to venice on the 16n cruise, with 5 formal nights -Yes !!:D our 3rd Arcadia cruise in 3 years

Sue

Well I hate flying but if you go premier class it is just about bearable and so worth it. We went on a caribbean cruise on Arcadia last Nov and as soon as we got back we booked to go again this Nov. As well as this Nov and next July on the med cruise to Venice we are doing the 4 week cruise next Oct to the Caribbean on Oriana, are we mad or what? Early retirement does have its advantages! I read all the messages on the "other" CC board (P&O) and hope to meet a few people from there on our cruises. Dai Bryson is on our Arcadia cruise in July. Hope you enjoy all your cruises already booked but please do try the fly-cruises to the Caribbean, if you go once you will certainly want to go again. I am very "iffy" about going from Southampton but as they are quite long cruises there will be time to get past the bad weather until we get to the sunshine!

Janet

Janet

So many cruises to do, and ships to see - so little time - off work !:(

We only started crusing last MAY 06 and will be going on our 4th next weekend -Aurora Autumn Getaway - and have 2 booked for 2008, we WILL do the Caribbean one day, and Norway, and QM2 across to USA, and.............................................:D

Sue

Archived