Is the Millenium Fixed?

ambergj

Hello,

I had written posts on this website before our honeymoon. As I'm sure most of you found out, there was the couple cruises that were cxled due to something wrong w/ the propellers on the ship when ran into rocks.

We were in Venice, Italy and found our that our honeymoon on the Celebrity Millennium had been cxled. After many other travel nightmares, we of course had reached the ultimate.

Has the ship been fixed completely, and did anyone find out what "REALLY" happened to the ship?

That captain had cost Celebrity MILLIONS of dollars.

Just curious if any of you had heard anything different?

Amber

The story didn't change, Millennium hit a rock at Villefranche, damaging 4 propellors. Except for one, all propellors were replaced when Millennium was docked at Civitavecchia. Because the last propellor didn't come out if its shaft, a dry dock became necessary, which led to your cruise being cancelled. In total 2 cruises were cancelled, and all passengers received a full refund as well as a free future cruise.

Apparently it wasn't "the Captain" who cost Celebrity a lot of money, the unexpected movement of the ship was caused by a "software error". At least, that is what Captain Pagonis told me when I was on Century last month.

Millennium has been sailing without problems every since she came out of drydock.

Best Regards,

Floris

Archived