Two people in a 4 berth - any difference?

Booked on the Star 1 September so fingers crossed everything still OK. Looking forwar to reading the rest Frog Cruisers review.icon7.gif

There are two of us in a cabin on Aloha deck (queen bed) but the cabin is a 4 berth - obviously the top two bunks won't be used. Are they out of sight and does this imapct on the amount of space etc.??

Thanksicon5.gif

Hi S&HB not long now. I was very pleased to see the Star finally leave yesterday !! Even had to start the arvo chardy hour early to cope with the waiting for the 30 second refresh on the cruisecam !! :o :eek:

Lucky Kathy had spies on the wharf to finally give us the good news :D

The 4 berth cabins are fine with 2 people. Hubby and I had one on our Pacific Star cruise last year - the upper bunks fold up against the way - they are brown wood - we also used them to hang the occassional outfit to air as well.

Just a word of warning - if either you or hubby are tall - watch your head - hubby hit his head on the bottom edge of the folded away bed once or twice when he stumbled out of bed in the morning!!

Rach

The 4 berth cabins are fine with 2 people. Hubby and I had one on our Pacific Star cruise last year - the upper bunks fold up against the way - they are brown wood - we also used them to hang the occassional outfit to air as well.

Just a word of warning - if either you or hubby are tall - watch your head - hubby hit his head on the bottom edge of the folded away bed once or twice when he stumbled out of bed in the morning!!

Rach

Thanks for that tip Rach, we're 2 people in a 4 berth cabin on our upcoming cruise, and Martin's over 6 foot, so I'll warn him.

Kym

We had a four berth with a queen and bunks folded up on the Sun in May,and we found the extra beds took up hardly any room at all.The good thing about having a queen in a 4 berth is that you still get the extra wardrobe that is meant for the 3rd and 4th person,so you end up with his and hers hanging space,so the lost space in the cabin by having the extra wardrobe didnt bother us,in fact I would love that arrangement again as there was no problem getting dressed (as you do so much if you choose ala carte for all three meals:D) Tracey had the wardrobe next to the bathroom, and I had the one next to the window,Trouble free dressing:D

Den.

There's extra wardrobe space in a 4 berth?

Wish i'd known that before choosing our cabin ;)

How much wardrobe space is in a 2 berth on the Pacific Sun?

We always managed pretty well with hanging space on the Pacific Sky but we often fought over drawer space :p

There's extra wardrobe space in a 4 berth?

Wish i'd known that before choosing our cabin ;)

How much wardrobe space is in a 2 berth on the Pacific Sun?

We always managed pretty well with hanging space on the Pacific Sky but we often fought over drawer space :p

Jo, I don't recall having any problems with wardrobe space on Pacific Sun.

Kym

Hi,we found wardrobe space on Sun just about adequate.You can hang long dresses in the extra hanging space beside the cabin door.There is not much drawer space.We missed having the chests of drawers beside the bunks like on the Sky, which were so handy for keeping all your bits and pieces in.The little piece of "sculpture" beside the beds on Sun is not really much use for anything.We found we left stuff we werent really using in our suitcases under the bed because there wasn't much space to put everything.I'm looking at the plastic shoe holder as an option next time to keep all the little bits and pieces ,toiletries,keys sunglasses etc together and tidy.We used the window ledge to keep a lot of bits and pieces that could have gone in bedside chests.

Archived