Dock or Tender

michris17

I see that you previously posted this question in the St. Kitts forum, so are you now asking if you will tender in St. Maarten?

It depends on which day you visit and how many other ships are with you that day. Currently the cruise facility usually handles four docked ships (I have seen five) and the rest tender in.

It also depends upon which cruise line you are on. I think Carnival and Princess have paid for first docking rights, but I'm not absolutely certain.

If your cruise is a ways out, there is a plan to build a new pier at the cruise facility to accommodate some SuperShips, but that will be a while.

gary

thanks...the cruise i'm looking at goes to St Maarten,St Lucia, & St Kitts....thats why I asked on all the forums....you're probably right about Carnival paying for docking. Almost every port i've ever been at they have the closest spot....

We did this itinerary on Carnival Legend in March 2007 and docked at all three of our ports, but as gtaylor posted above, it depends on how many ships are there that day. You may be able to check on cruisecal to see how many ships are scheduled at each port on the day your cruise ship will be there. This is a fabulous itinerary so I hope it works out for you to do this cruise. :)

I see that you previously posted this question in the St. Kitts forum, so are you now asking if you will tender in St. Maarten?

It depends on which day you visit and how many other ships are with you that day. Currently the cruise facility usually handles four docked ships (I have seen five) and the rest tender in.

It also depends upon which cruise line you are on. I think Carnival and Princess have paid for first docking rights, but I'm not absolutely certain.

If your cruise is a ways out, there is a plan to build a new pier at the cruise facility to accommodate some SuperShips, but that will be a while.

gary

Gary -

Has any work been done for the new pier, aside from planning work?

We took the water taxi back from downtown to the Wathey Pier 2 months ago and saw nothing that looked like early construction. There was work being done on the road leading from to the pier to downtown but I am guessing that would be for new stores, etc.

Archived