When is the best time to go to the beach in Hawaii?

Susan85207

I am try to plan my excursions, but we want to spend a lot of time at the beach and visit as many beaches as we can. Is it better to go to the beach in the morning or afternoon? How late and early is it best to go to the beach?

Thanks!

Aloha Susan,

Hands down the best tome is dawn to noon. Typically, the winds pick up around noon. Unless there is a storm or a swell(waves) in, you will have the most calm . clear, beautiful water you can imagine. Don't forget good polarized sun glasses, sunscreen, towel, suit, and snorkel gear. THAT is what the islands are all about.

The sunset is always nice to see. But, you can always see that from almost anywhere. Do make it a point to see the sunsets.

Have a great time!

Aloha Susan,

Hands down the best tome is dawn to noon. Typically, the winds pick up around noon. Unless there is a storm or a swell(waves) in, you will have the most calm . clear, beautiful water you can imagine. Don't forget good polarized sun glasses, sunscreen, towel, suit, and snorkel gear. THAT is what the islands are all about.

The sunset is always nice to see. But, you can always see that from almost anywhere. Do make it a point to see the sunsets.

Have a great time!

You're killing me here! I'm feeling the need for a Hawaii fix, and it's going to have to wait until next year. Mm...The warm, clear morning water and a lovely swim and snorkel (plenty of sunscreen!); followed by a relaxing afternoon (out of the blazing sun if you please, although an afternoon swim in a pool is always good--with more sunscreen); followed later by a leisurely stroll and a sit-down for a tropical beverage to watch the sunset. Oh yes, I could do with that right now.:D

beachchick

How late and early is it best to go to the beach?

Some advice, I used to travel to Hawaii for business. One thing I found is at least the 1st few days, you get up & out earlier then most folks due to the time change. Take advantage of it. I love walking Waikiki Beach in the early morn (6-7 am) because it's warm & not at all crowded.

also my favorite spot is Hanamua Bay on Oahu because of the natural beauty of the spot and the wonderful snorkeling. It opens really early 6:30? I enjoyed getting there early because you could find some of the limited parking and you could get in a good amound ot time & still have the afternoon free for other things. Be careful, because I think it is closed one weekday per week (I think it used to be Mon.) Also, if you get to the beach early you miss the Hawaii rush hour during the week. Can't wait til Oct when we'll be there.

Archived