When do you book excursions, etc?

Sidetracker

We aren't cruising until May 2008 but part of the fun is planning ahead.

I want to order a couple of bottles of wine for our cabin - how soon ahead of the cruise would you order the wine?

Also, how soon ahead would you reserve excursions?

Is there any danger of requests being lost if you order wine or reserve excursions early?:confused:

We aren't cruising until May 2008 but part of the fun is planning ahead.

I want to order a couple of bottles of wine for our cabin - how soon ahead of the cruise would you order the wine?

Also, how soon ahead would you reserve excursions?

Is there any danger of requests being lost if you order wine or reserve excursions early?:confused:

Hi, I am cruising in February and booked my cruise last month. I also booked my excursions right away as they tend to fill up quick. This way your spot is guaranteed! I went right on the NCL website and checked out all the options and booked from there. All you need is you reservation number. Have a great cruise!!

There's no real risk in making these arrangements early. As for excursions, it's best to book them in advance. Just make sure you have everything documented, in case of a computer glitch.

We've always found our excursion tickets on our beds when we boarded. One time our liquor purchase wasn't in the room, but that was resolved with a simple phone call.

Enjoy your cruise!

We booked the excursions soon after they showed up on-line. I printed them out after getting the confirmation.

BTW, we got our docs last week for next months cruise, and the excursions were listed on the itinerary, ... it was like our own private schedule .. very cool!

We booked the excursions soon after they showed up on-line. I printed them out after getting the confirmation.

BTW, we got our docs last week for next months cruise, and the excursions were listed on the itinerary, ... it was like our own private schedule .. very cool!

I agree! I booked excursions early, then printed out the confirmation.

I also like the cruise itinerary with our personal schedule printed. :)

We just returned this morning from the 7-day trip around the Hawaiian Islands on Pride of America.

We booked our cruise last minute (3 weeks before) and did not book any excursions ahead of time. We are SO GLAD WE DIDN'T !!!

Excursions booked thru NCL are grossly overpriced. When we got to the pier for embarkation, there were numerous tour companies there with their brochures. We took tours thru Grayline, which are the SAME as the NCL excursions (same buses, same tourguides, same itinerary - all done thru Polynesian Adventure Tours). We even asked our tour guide and he said the only difference is the NCL ones have lunch included, but even if you add in lunch, NCL is still way over charging.

Example:

In Hilo, we took the Volcano National Park tour and paid $21 a person thru Grayline (called from our cell phone on the ship). NCL charges $49 for the tour. We saw the same exact sites including the Macadamia Nut Factory. The only diference was the NCL tour included a buffet lunch ... but for $28 per person difference, that wo uld have had to be QUITE a buffet, and not worth it in my opinion.

In Maui, we did the Maui Ocean Center & Tropical Plantation tour. NCL charges $89 a person, we paid $38.

Simmy

I have already booked our excursions for our 4 April cruise aboard the Pearl. Since NCL instituted advance bookings, I've found the most popular excursions are often not available when you board the ship. You have 24 hours to cancel once you board, so you're not locked in, but if you don't book in advance, you may not get what you want.;)

I book shore excursions on the first sea day aboard a ship at a tender stop, and usually book a shore excursions at the pier at land docked ports. While they are more expensive buying through NCL, they are much more cheaper at the pier. I feel safer getting back to the ship when I buy on the ship at tender ports, tendering takes a lot of time getting back to the ship off and on.

Archived