scooter rentals

alldone3

I've been trying to get info on this for months. Here's what I have uncovered:

Chekes rents scooters. Good prices, even have a cruise special.

Phone: (268) 562 - 4646

Fax: (268) 562 - 4646

Cell: (268) 773 - 3508

Cell: (268) 723 - 9292

E-mail: chekescooter@hotmail.com

Now the downside: Mnay folks say that riding a scooter around Antigua is dangerous, especially in St Johns on cruise day. With bad roads, driving on the left and daredevil drivers they say its dicey.

I think were still going to try it. Just be extra cautious. Take our time. We'll get a better feel once we step off the ship in port.

I asked them what areas of atigua would be accessible on scooter and he replied that "you can go all over the island which is 108 sq miles."

You have to provide a credit credit when making reservation and they meet you at port. He also said riders must have 2 years experience in riding scooters or motorcyles. They are 150 cc automatic scooters made by pgo and matrix. My friends agree with you that it might be dangerous riding and we are looking to rent jeeps instead.

still researching jeep rentals. There is only one listing Jeeps R Us, but they do not have a web site and only a P. O. Box and when I tried to call the phone number I got a message that said they didn't accept international calls (or something of that nature)

We rented from Chekes on November 2005.

Antigua is one of the easiest islands to drive as the traffic is almost non existent, besides St.John which is a nightmare (much better in scooter than in car). We looped the whole island (English Harbour, Long Bay and return by the north).

Wear long sleeves (our your forearms will be fried)

We rented from Chekes on November 2005.

Antigua is one of the easiest islands to drive as the traffic is almost non existent, besides St.John which is a nightmare (much better in scooter than in car). We looped the whole island (English Harbour, Long Bay and return by the north).

Wear long sleeves (our your forearms will be fried)

What ages can drive the scooters? I have two 17yr with licenses that would love to drive one. Some of us have not driven scooters would we be able to drive them easily?

Thanks.

Archived