How popular will the Carnival Destiny be?

big_duck

The Carnival Destiny is to become the first Carnival ship with non-suite balconies to do 4 and 5 day cruises.

Will this make the Destiny a much in demand ship or will the availability of balconies be offset by the "Evolutions of Fun" on the Fantasy class ships?

Discuss.

Destiny moves to Miami

Evolutions of Fun

Personally, I feel it does indeed make it more popular. I love cruising with balconies, but would not pay up the ying yang for a Cat 11 suite on a fantasy class ship. Also, carnival's balconies are CHEAPER then the RCCL balconies on Enchantment of the Seas, which is a smaller ship.

This being said, I feel that the Destiny will need a drydock before she comes back to her native home of Miami. I wish they put the LED TV screens on ALL of the ships as they go into drydock, but im going to assume they are not going to bother spending the money.

At this point in time, I would rather do a 4 day cruise on Imagination (post drydock) than the Destiny once its here: the imagination will have more to offer than the Destiny.

But the DEstiny would come before enchantment of the seas.

I've stayed away from the shorter cruises due to lack of balconies without paying for a suite.

I'll have to see what the iten will be.

Probably won't be able to get near Evolutions of Fun area. It might be nice, but I think I'll stay on the upper, quieter decks.

i'll check it out in all likelihood. 5 day cruises work well for us b/c we still have the school factor (absences) to consider. it'll be nice to have a ship w/ a decent amt of balconies available for 5 day runs. i don't love the lay out of this class, really, but that wld never prevent me from taking advantage of a cruise that worked for us.:D

don't know if i missed it, but do you know if they intend to flip flop some of the other fantasy class ships to do different, longer runs? (exclude imagination, i see that itinerary listed.)

i am wondering if they are planning to reposition any of the other ships in that class once the evolutions of fun improvements are complete. the future destiny itinerary is currently being made by fantasy class ships.

Are the all balcony ships all the rage on longer cruises? Of course. Did DESTINY start that craze. Yes. I think she will do all right on the short cruises too. She might cause a sea change on shorter cruises.

Dan

i'll check it out in all likelihood. 5 day cruises work well for us b/c we still have the school factor (absences) to consider. it'll be nice to have a ship w/ a decent amt of balconies available for 5 day runs. i don't love the lay out of this class, really, but that wld never prevent me from taking advantage of a cruise that worked for us.:D

don't know if i missed it, but do you know if they intend to flip flop some of the other fantasy class ships to do different, longer runs? (exclude imagination, i see that itinerary listed.)

i am wondering if they are planning to reposition any of the other ships in that class once the evolutions of fun improvements are complete. the future destiny itinerary is currently being made by fantasy class ships.

Well, so far, the Fascination is taking over for Celebration (sold), the Imagination for the Fascination, the Destiny for the Imagination and the Victory for the Destiny.

Still to be resolved, replacements for the Holiday and Victory and what is happening with the Spirit.

I'm kind of disappointed about this change. :( We were originally planning a 5 day cruise on the Imagination on Dec 1, 2008 - this date and itinerary worked for what we wanted, and I was excited to see all of the enhancements to the Imagination. But with the switch, it looks like we'll be on the Destiny instead. The prices for the Destiny went up as well on this sailing versus what we were going to pay for the Imagination.

Now that we know about the Celebrtion and the rearrangments its departure caused, how about this arrangment....

Holiday to Spain

Fantasy NOLA to Mobile

Spirit to NOLA

Splendor to Long Beach

While were at it, what ship will take over the NYC to Canada runs now that the Victory is in SJU? Mabye Freedom takes over the Valor runs year round, Valor moves to Everglades, Triumph to the MIA winter/NYC summer schedule?

Don

Well, so far, the Fascination is taking over for Celebration (sold), the Imagination for the Fascination, the Destiny for the Imagination and the Victory for the Destiny.

Still to be resolved, replacements for the Holiday and Victory and what is happening with the Spirit.

thank you. you are so knowledgable, duck.;) :p :D

what is going on w/ the holiday? being sold too? (i think i remember something about this, but cld be thinking of celebration). and what do you mean about spirit?

thank you. you are so knowledgable, duck.;) :p :D

what is going on w/ the holiday? being sold too? (i think i remember something about this, but cld be thinking of celebration). and what do you mean about spirit?

Spirit has no homeport after spring 2009

Now that we know about the Celebrtion and the rearrangments its departure caused, how about this arrangment....

Holiday to Spain

Fantasy NOLA to Mobile

Pride to NOLA

Splendor to Long Beach

While were at it, what ship will take over the NYC to Canada runs now that the Victory is in SJU? Mabye Freedom takes over the Valor runs year round, Valor moves to Everglades, Triumph to the MIA winter/NYC summer schedule?

Don

Celabration Sold

Holiday Sold

Fantasy to Mobile

Conquest to NOLA

Pride to Galveston

Triumph to take over Valor iten.

Freedom Miami fall/winter - Euorpe spring/summer

b/c splendor is going there (is it)? if so, is there no room for 2 ships, or not enough PsOC for 2 ships from there?

Splendor is taking Prides place and Pride is going to take Spirits place,no word yet on where it will end up. It could end up doing something else on the west coast

my vote (for a long time, now) has been to add/reposition a ship, any ship from NYC to bermuda in the summer.

enough w/ the one or two apr/may runs there. that is one beautiful POC which i wld love to take a CCL ship to. did it on celebrity a long time ago. i'm long overdue for a summer bermuda cruise.:(

How about:

Holiday to Spain

Fantasy to Mobile

Triumph to NOLA (short runs a la Fantasy)

Spirit to NY Summers/Miami winters.

:D

I would sure like like to be on that ship if its through the canal. I think Carnival is just teasing me as they know I want on it:D

my vote (for a long time, now) has been to add/reposition a ship, any ship from NYC to bermuda in the summer.

enough w/ the one or two apr/may runs there. that is one beautiful POC which i wld love to take a CCL ship to. did it on celebrity a long time ago. i'm long overdue for a summer bermuda cruise.:(

Ohhhh I would love to have an itinerary to Bermuda all summer. That one itinerary in April is definitely not enough because in April it's still kind of chilly.

How about:

Holiday to Spain

Fantasy to Mobile

Triumph to NOLA (short runs a la Fantasy)

Spirit to NY Summers/Miami winters.

:D

I just can't see using one of the faster ships to sail the Canada route - I think the most we did on Victory earlier this month was 17-18 knots. We were doing 22-23 knots last year on Legend, sailing the Eastern route out of NYC. I'd love to see a NYC-Bermuda Summer run with a Spirit-class ship, but my understanding's that Bermuda limits the number of ships that can dock there.

I just can't see using one of the faster ships to sail the Canada route - I think the most we did on Victory earlier this month was 17-18 knots. We were doing 22-23 knots last year on Legend, sailing the Eastern route out of NYC. I'd love to see a NYC-Bermuda Summer run with a Spirit-class ship, but my understanding's that Bermuda limits the number of ships that can dock there.

It was just a guess. Maybe with it's greater speed, they can add Bermuda to the itinerary. :D

Archived