Please help!

arubacassie

I'm Canadian and taking my 14 yr. old grandaughter and her 14 yr. old friend on a cruise leaving Vancouver, BC down to LA. I have both girls passports, consent letters signed by parents and notarized, medical insurance, and birth certificates. My panick is the girls wallet size birth certicates. In Canada only the larger paper birth certificates show parents names, not the wallet size ones I have. Will this be a problem?

You should be ok. You seem to have all the right paperwork. I've taken kids that weren't mine across the border and with all of the above documents that should be enough. The only thing I might do is make sure you have the phone number of the parents in case Immigration wants to double check with the parents. I have had that happen, where they've actually called the parent, including myself when someone else took my DD across. They've got to have seen that birth certificate before, I mean doesn't every Canadian have one!

You shouldn't need the birth certificates at all.

Immigration will only want the passports plus the letter. Having a passport and a birth certificate is redundant. The passport should have the parents info in it, if not printed in it, then it should be in the computer file.

Archived