Young kids and Quad rooms question

MSgirl&Luv2cruz

Our kids are 5 and 7. We will be sailing on the Holiday for Thanksgiving. I have cruised before but not with my kids... I am curious about the bunk bed situation. Are there guard rails on the bunks? I have heard about one of the beds being "suspended" from the ceiling? Can someone help me understand how these rooms are set up and if the guard rails are available.

Thanks!!!

Lisa

Hi Ms girl

We have travelled in quad rooms with our boys for years. Yes there is a small guard rail on the beds that suspend from the ceiling as well as ladders to get up.

If you are concerned at all about them falling out you could do what we have done in the past and one of us sleeps up top.

Our boys are now 15 and 19 but have been cruising with us since they were nine months old!

How the beds work in the ceiling is they are dropped down at night and put up during the day so you have more room in the cabin. We have always been very comfortable in a quad room even as the boys grew.

I would be too worried about the children falling out of the beds. Enjoy your vacation!

Our kids are 5 and 7. We will be sailing on the Holiday for Thanksgiving. I have cruised before but not with my kids... I am curious about the bunk bed situation. Are there guard rails on the bunks? I have heard about one of the beds being "suspended" from the ceiling? Can someone help me understand how these rooms are set up and if the guard rails are available.

Thanks!!!

Lisa

we've had different kinds of quad rooms. Some have the pull down beds, yes they have guard rails and if you put the two twins together under them, even if they did fall out, they'd fall into your bed. My kids have preferred the sofa bed rooms, and we have as well. Most of them have a curtain to pull inbetween the bed and sofa for a little more privacy.

Ah, i remember the days of having to share a room. Now we just stick the kids in their own room. MUCH easier.

crusinmama06, just for your information if you look closely at your picture that you have posted the rails are on the bed however they are folded into the storage position. When someone is sleeping those rails will be up. Your picture will help people that have questions about beds. Thanks for the pics

Geoffrey

crusinmama06, just for your information if you look closely at your picture that you have posted the rails are on the bed however they are folded into the storage position. When someone is sleeping those rails will be up. Your picture will help people that have questions about beds. Thanks for the pics

Geoffrey

AHA! You're right...now I see them! :o I was trying to figure out why there wasn't a rail in the picture, yet I knew the rail was there. :rolleyes:

Thanks! :D

I have to think about this stuff in about two years because I have decided to have a child through surrogacy. I haven't had my luck with girls and dating and sometimes they are not worth the heartache. However, everyone I met in here have changed my mind about that thought. You all are great and you help people that need it. The newbies that cruise. I can only give insight to what happened when I was a child and can't give the insight of having a child yet but give me some time. I would love to talk to anyone. You can reach me on the "yellow man," using the same screen name.

Geoffrey

My 7YO daughter is a good sleeper, so she slept on the top bunk without any problem. My 5YO son is a "move-around" sleeper, so he slept with me on the bed. We put the 2 single beds together and made a Queen size bed. My husband slept on the other top bunk a couple of nights and on the bed with us the other nights.

There is a partial bed rail guard, but there is still a gap near the head of the bunk bed. If your sons moves around while sleeping, it's not impossible to fall off the bed.

If your children insist on sleeping on the bunk beds, but you feel uncertain whether they will fall off, I would just let them fall asleep on the bunk beds, and then transfer them down to the regular beds. If that's the case, one or both adults will have to sleep on the bunk beds.

Princess' bunk beds suspend from the ceiling, but Celebrity bunk beds hang off the side walls.

I have to think about this stuff in about two years because I have decided to have a child through surrogacy. I haven't had my luck with girls and dating and sometimes they are not worth the heartache. However, everyone I met in here have changed my mind about that thought. You all are great and you help people that need it. The newbies that cruise. I can only give insight to what happened when I was a child and can't give the insight of having a child yet but give me some time. I would love to talk to anyone. You can reach me on the "yellow man," using the same screen name.

Geoffrey

Best of luck Geoffrey! And you never know, you just may find love when you least expect it. :)

Thanks, cruisinmama06.

I know what you mean. But I think I have waited long enough and would love to have a child of my own. However, I know that a woman might show up one day at my door step who will change my life forever, but I have to wait and see how that plays out. If you don't mind you can always talk to me on AIM, if you want. Thanks for the support again.

Geoffrey

Yes, there are guard rails on the bunk beds.

I agree that if your child is a restless sleeper or you are worried about them falling then you should sleep on the bunk.

However, you'll see from the pictures that the bunks are over the beds, so if they fall it would probably hurt the person on the bottom more!

Click on the photo below to enlarge.

3.jpg.de37594e36f378f1c64d0aa19db67aa4.jpg

Archived