Happy in the rain...

Tsunami

Hi all, I've been to Alaska once before and was blessed with beautiful weather. This time, it looks like a week of rain. Has anyone had this experience and still had a magnificent time? Any tips for enhancing the experience would be appreciated. I'm prepared with the proper gear and I'm hoping not all of my excursions are canceled. If nothing else, I'll get a lot of reading done [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Thanks & happy cruising!

Tsunami, we are on same cruise. I have been checking on weather and haven't found a week of rain forecasted. Where are you looking.I used AccuWeather.

I will be happy like you, and will be singin' in the rain.

[I]"...First-time cruiser .. ready to leave on May 28th. Thanks to all of you for all your help and advice!"[/I]

Someone at work checked for me, so I'll have to ask which site he used, but I sure like yours a lot better!! They always seem to be wrong that far out anyways, I just want to prepare for the worst and hope for the best! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Getting excited???? I'm packing tomorrow!

In coastal Alaska the weather people are hired for their sense of humor - they have only the vaguest idea what's going to happen this afternoon, never mind days away. Prepare for rain just in case, but glaciers look tjeir best in the rain, and the photography in many places (Ketchikan in particular) is great in the rain.

Murray

If you wear glasses, take a visor or baseball cap. Two years ago we did a land/sea package tour and it rained a portion of every day but we still had great pictures with hats to shield the cameras. The pictures of the glaciers were more blue because of the cloudy skies. We had layers of clothing and found a rain poncho worked well.
You will have a wonderful time with either sunny or rainy days!

We are prepared to leave on 28th with all the rain gear we can tote..... and with a smile of contentment to finally be on our long-awaited cruise.

Tsunami, if you are still reading the posts, it is definitely going to rain all week long during our cruise. We are just hoping that the predicted temps are correct. Not too bad if upper 50's and in the 60's. Hope you have fun too.

[I]"...First-time cruiser .. ready to leave on May 28th. Thanks to all of you for all your help and advice!"[/I]

Hello Gonnago, I just checked the weather again myself and it doesn't look promising...rain in every port, every day. I'm more disappointed for my SO who has never been to Alaska, but I'm sure we will have a wonderful vacation. After all, how bad can a cruise be?!

You have a wonderful trip as well, I can't wait to hear how you enjoyed it. I (34) will be traveling with my SO (27), parents (50s) and grandmother (70s and on a scooter). Say hi if you see me. I'll be the one with the rain hood on my head and a smile on my face [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I'm leaving tomorrow so the smile is already firmly in place!!!!

Archived