Friend's birthday during our cruise. How to arrange cake etc onboard?

patsyc

We'll be sailing on the Norwegian Gem on 6th October which will be the birthday of one of us in our group. Just want to know what is the procedure for arranging some kind of celebration onboard? Do I contact NCL now or do I wait until we're onboard and arrange with the restaurant directly? We want it to be a surprise as well. Also if anyone knows what can be arranged (cakes/flowers etc) that would be really helpful too! Thanks! :p

We'll be sailing on the Norwegian Gem on 6th October which will be the birthday of one of us in our group. Just want to know what is the procedure for arranging some kind of celebration onboard? Do I contact NCL now or do I wait until we're onboard and arrange with the restaurant directly? We want it to be a surprise as well. Also if anyone knows what can be arranged (cakes/flowers etc) that would be really helpful too! Thanks! :p

You can also see the Matre D at any of the restaurants and tell them that someone is celebrating a birthday or anniversary and they will bring a cake and sing for you.

Happy Cruising

We usually go on vacation during one of my boys birthdays. We tell the Matre D in the beginning of our meal and they bring a cake and sing to them. We usually bring presents and have a little celebration. Very fun. Our next cruise is in January so there will be no birthdays, other than my sister whose birthday is the 2nd. I think there may be a late birthday celebration needed somewhere. I like them. Have a fun time!

We were on the Pearl over my fiance's birthday. Maybe because we were in a penthouse - but everyone seemed to know it was his birthday and he received no less than 4 cakes during the 10 days!

I think one of the questions in the preregistration form is if you are celebrating an anniversary/birthday, etc.

We celebrated a birthday on board... here's what I did...

I went to the party store and bought a big bag of balloons, tape, streamers, signs, etc. I slipped them to our room steward with $20 and asked if he would decorate the room. Boy did he ever! It was the funniest thing I ever saw... the entire ceiling was balloons.. there were streamers everywhere... and he even made a couple of towel animals wearing party hats.

I ordered a cake separately because we needed gluten free. It was a lot of fun!

Archived