What should the alcohol policy be???

What should the RCI policy on alcohol be???  

340 members have voted

1. 1. What should the RCI policy on alcohol be???

• Current - No bottles to be brought on board
    • Have paid 'Set-Up' in your cabin (only purchasing on board liquor)
    • Allow one bottle of spirits to be brought on board
    • Have paid 'Set-Up' in your cabin (allowing 1 bottle if brand not carried)
    • Other - leave a response for your 'OTHER' choice

I can assure you, I am not looking forward to the experience!!

Actually there really is no reason to feel that way. just remember a couple of things, Please do not be a chair hog, Please do not smoke where you shouldn't. If you are bringing children, Please ask them to act in a decent manner, and do no let them run rampant. there really are no rules. Dress as you like, smuggle as you like, etc etc.

Actually there really is no reason to feel that way. just remember a couple of things, Please do not be a chair hog, Please do not smoke where you shouldn't. If you are bringing children, Please ask them to act in a decent manner, and do no let them run rampant. there really are no rules. Dress as you like, smuggle as you like, etc etc.

Agreed with your suggestions, but I would add one more: If you are bringing adults with you on the cruise, please ask them to act in a decent manner, and do not let them run rampant. In all candor, in my cruising experience, I have come across plenty of kids who are more adult then most adults on the cruise....

Michael

This is my first cruise, and I'm sure it will be my last on one of these commercial lines... My vacations are to break away from rules and conformity, not to be hitched with dozens more!!!

Apart from the rules about having proper identification, attending the muster drill and such that are based on laws and regulations, pretty much all the rules are just about acting in a respectful manner. So, if you are a respectful person, you won't even notice these things as being "rules." It will just be natural too you. The rules about bringing alcohol onboard may be an exception, but if that's really important to you, there are some lines that allow it within limitations.

Agreed with your suggestions, but I would add one more: If you are bringing adults with you on the cruise, please ask them to act in a decent manner, and do not let them run rampant. In all candor, in my cruising experience, I have come across plenty of kids who are more adult then most adults on the cruise....

Michael

And alot more more adult than most on this web site at times.

Never travelled with RCI yet, only Princess and HAL. They do allow you to bring alcohol on board (not spirits though).

I can understand the cruise lines not wanting people to bring huge amounts of beer, wine, spirits etc, but I do think they should allow a small amount per passenger so that people can perhaps buy wine to try in the various ports. It's lovely to have some wine in the fridge to drink on the balcony.

Agreed absolutely! One of the many reasons we like Princess!:)

I think bringing a couple of bottles of wine should be allowed. If one should choose to quietly bring a bottle of liquer in their checked luggage so be it!

Searching a pax cabin is over the top, x-raying luggage seems silly and those who are looking to get smashed each and every day are loosing out on their cruise. However the cruise lines are making plenty on liquer and gambling! Just my opinion:)

Happy cruiseing all!

MAO

I would like to get as many people to vote as possible then send this poll to RCI to discuss with them how people feel about their alcohol policy and see if they can provide a good response to it. I am just looking for RCI to make a statement as to why they chose the current policy they have.

Archived