1st time NCL Star (mexican Riviera) cruiser - Questions

tlftlf

Hello, I'll be going on the Mexican Riviera cruise in February of 2008 and have many questions.

1. I've searched all over for a Freestyle Daily for the Star and haven't been able to find it. I'd like to see it if anyone has it.

2. We are guaranteed for a level II inside cabin. Was this a bad idea to go with the guarantee? Any insight on a level II cabin?

3. I'm trying to figure out what we want to do at the different ports. We will probably do excursions on some of the days and on our own on the others. Which ports have a lot to do close by where the ship docks. We were thinking to walk around and do our own thing at the ports that have alot of things to do nearby. The places that you have to take a cab no matter what we were thinking to do excursions.

4. When would be the best time to make reservations for dining. I want to check out all of the restaraunts but I don't want to miss any of the activies. What time do they normally schedule the movie in the movie theatre?

5. I've been hearing alot about this Rosie. Does she still give tours?

I think that's all my questions for now. Thanks in advance for your help.

We were on the Star last October.

I have copies of the freestyles. Here is a link to the thread as well as another thread with our review of the cruise with tips.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=431095

We had an inside cabin and had plenty of room to get around for the two of us. Did you have any specific questions?

In Acapulco, we hired a cab to take us to the cliff divers and then over to the other side of towen to visit the Hard Rock. He offered to stop by other sites like churches and shoppong areas, but we passed.

In Puerto Vallarta, we cabbed over to the town center to walk around.

In Cabo, everything is within a short walk of the pier when you get off the tender.

We only went to the free restaurants, so we never made any reservations.

We were on this cruise in April and it was great!

When you first get on the ship make your dinner reservations for that night and the next. Pick restaurants you really don't want to miss but might be hard to book later (like Teppanyaki) so you will be sure to get a reservation. After that each morning you can just call to book the next night's reservation. We didn't have any trouble.

In Cabo there is lots to do right off the tender pier - water taxi to the beach or the arches, restaurants and shopping. Also tons of tour vendors if you do want to do something once you get there - no need to plan ahead in Cabo! In Zihuatenejo you can get a water taxi to the beach - we had a wonderful day there... In Puerto Vallarta there is some market shopping at the pier but a short taxi ride will take you downtown and it is very nice. In Acapulco we did Rosie's Tour and it was excellent. We had a large group from our Cruise Critic roll call which reduced the price.

Have a great trip...

We went on this cruise in April and it was wonderful. We also did Rosie's tour and she was fantastic...she took us from one side of the city to the other.

In Zihuatanejo we walked around, there is a lovely boardwalk that will take you along the side of the beach that the tenders dock at.

Puerto Vallarta was my favourite port...if you go to Tanzanite International they will provide a free taxi downtown to Diamonds International and then you can walk around and shop...again the boardwalk along the beach is great.

Cabo while you can walk to the beach is full of venders if you do, they are all along the boardwalk to the beach. Depends how much they bother you if you want to go that route.:rolleyes:

Have a fantastic time.

Thanks for the info. Castaway cruiser and Sail away girl. Do you have a copy of the Dailies and what time should I make the reservations for? I don't want to miss anything.

What was Le Bistro like? and what time can you board the ship in San Pedro? We will be flying in the day before and would like to board ASAP but I don't want to get there too early and not be able to board.

We made this cruise last January and loved it, much better than the one we took two years earlier.

In Acapulco, if you want a great tour - get off the ship and wallk out to where the taxi drivers are and start asking for Camelia - his real name is Jose but he says there are too many of them in Acapulco so he picked Camelia as his nickname.

He will take you wherever you want to go and is very inexpensive. Of course, he must give you the mandantory trip to the market first but the souvenirs there were inexpensive and we loved bargaining with the merchants.

After that he took us everywhere - including a chapel located way above acapulco, which is very awe inspiring.

We took other cab tours in the other towns we stopped in, including taking a tour of cabo with two members of the dining staff from the phillipines.

They had been our servers in the main dining room during the week so we asked them if they would like to go with us.

Members of the crew don't have a lot of money for sightseeing so they really appreciated us taking them along.

I think the taxi driver liked having two beautiful senoritas in his van too

Archived