Two days in FLL

JOHNXU84

We have a group of three families going on a Christmas cruise this December. We will be staying at the Amerisuites(Hyatt Place) for two days before we set sail. The ages of our kids(9 of them )range from 13-19. Any recommendations of things to do. Also what about fun restaurants that can handle a group of 15. We did talk about cruising the strip and showing our Kids where we hung out during our Spring Breaks in the 70"s and 80's.

Bequia, Thanks for all of your info on hotels and restaurants. It has been very helpful.:)

We have a group of three families going on a Christmas cruise this December. We will be staying at the Amerisuites(Hyatt Place) for two days before we set sail. The ages of our kids(9 of them )range from 13-19. Any recommendations of things to do. Also what about fun restaurants that can handle a group of 15. We did talk about cruising the strip and showing our Kids where we hung out during our Spring Breaks in the 70"s and 80's.

Bequia, Thanks for all of your info on hotels and restaurants. It has been very helpful.:)

Definitely do the water taxi one day. It's very reasonably priced (I think about $7 pp, children and seniors get a small discount)) and you can ride it all day around Ft. Lauderdale Intracoastal waterway. You could plan one day to take it to Riverside and hang out at a very casual restaurant called The Ugly Tuna Saloona. Great pina coladas. We like to start off every cruise vacation there. We order a bunch of appetizers and some drinks and all is well.

Definitely do the water taxi one day. It's very reasonably priced (I think about $7 pp, children and seniors get a small discount)) and you can ride it all day around Ft. Lauderdale Intracoastal waterway.

jerseygirl.....it must have been awhile since you've been on the water taxi. Adult fare is $11, seniors and children it's $9.

John....For your group I'd recommend the Sun Trolley. For 50 cents it will get you to far more places then the water taxi. It stops right by your hotel every 15 minutes, Thursday through Sunday. Be sure to take the kids to the Elbo Room....we've all been there during spring break in the 70's....:p

http://www.suntrolley.com/maps/convention.html

As an Amerisuites it's worn. As a brand new Hyatt Place it's going to be really nice. The location is excellent. Safe area, close walking distance to shops and restaurants. Great choice.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts about the new hotel after your stay.

jerseygirl.....it must have been awhile since you've been on the water taxi. Adult fare is $11, seniors and children it's $9.

John....For your group I'd recommend the Sun Trolley. For 50 cents it will get you to far more places then the water taxi. It stops right by your hotel every 15 minutes, Thursday through Sunday. Be sure to take the kids to the Elbo Room....we've all been there during spring break in the 70's....:p

http://www.suntrolley.com/maps/convention.html

Yikes, we were last there Feb. 2006 and the cost at that time was only $5 pp. I knew it had gone up since then, but I thought only a couple of bucks.

As an Amerisuites it's worn. As a brand new Hyatt Place it's going to be really nice. The location is excellent. Safe area, close walking distance to shops and restaurants. Great choice.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts about the new hotel after your stay.

We're staying there September 22nd. What is the current status of it?

Thanks!

You'll need a car to get to these places... I suggest taking an airboat ride on the Everglades (at Sawgrass Recreational Park, about half an hour away). So much fun, and the kids (of all ages!) will really like it. Also, Butterfly World, which is about 15 minutes north on the Florida Turnpike right at the Sample Road exit. Two minutes from Butterfly World, also on Sample Road, is the Festival Marketplace, otherwise known as the Flea Market, is a fun place to shop.

Do a search of stuff to see and do in Ft. Lauderdale. It's a great area with lots to see and do. Have a great vacation!

Karen

It is officially opening as a Hyatt Place on November 27th 2007. Expect ongoing construction until then.

Hmph. Their web site said October so I was hoping things would be just wrapping up. In your opinion, would you stay there or would you cancel and go somewhere else for less than $100. I was hoping to relax by a nice pool then go out late afternoon and then to dinner.

Thanks!

Archived