Freedom OTS - Can you connect DVD to TV?

Host Jacquelyn

We'll be sailing Freedom this winter and were wondering whether the TVs have the outlets to connect up a portable DVD player. We have pretty much decided on brnging one along, and were wondering whether it could hook up to the TV. On the Grandeur many years ago the TVs had the outlets, but we were recently at a Sheraton which did not. Anyone remember?

Michele,

Would you happen to have a picture of the TV? They would typically have the a/v ports on the front of the TV, if they are available. They would be visible from a picture. Some have them on the back as well, but I am sure I won't find a picture of the back of a tv anywhere! I thought these were standard on all tvs, and was surprised when the one in the hotel did not have them. We are not staying in a suite, so no "standard" dvd player for us.

Michele,

Would you happen to have a picture of the TV? They would typically have the a/v ports on the front of the TV, if they are available. They would be visible from a picture. Some have them on the back as well, but I am sure I won't find a picture of the back of a tv anywhere! I thought these were standard on all tvs, and was surprised when the one in the hotel did not have them. We are not staying in a suite, so no "standard" dvd player for us.

Oh come on, don't you know me better than that by now? Of course I have a picture of the TV...lol. :D

IMG_0716-1.jpg

Host Jacqueline,

I know what you mean by the AV jacks in the front with the yellow and white jacks, however with flat screens they are usually not on the front of the TV. Most of the jacks are either on the side of the TV or the back of the TV. They don't want to take away from the flatness by putting the jacks on the front anymore. I can almost garentee that any flat screen TV will have the jacks that you will need to connect to your DVD player.

Geoffrey

Jackie, I just asked someone who was LIVE on the Liberty, same flat screen TV's. He said NO there are no connections in the regular cabins. He was in a JS. He looked for the connections and they are not there.

Just wanted to update you :)

I'm interested in this too. We'll be on Carnival Liberty. Are you referring to Liberty OTS or Carnival Liverty? So there's no way to attach a portable DVD player? Hmmm....time to go to Plan B.:o

• Administrators
Michele,

It's funny how various places sometimes don't keep up with the times. We stayed at a very nice Hilton last weekend (over $200 per night for the holiday weekend) and had a regular 19" TV with no connections except the cable coax (I didn't even know they still made those!). The remote had on/off/channel controls/volume controls and the only menu choices were tv/hotel services. The bright side was, I could use the remote without an owner's manual or SO's help! :)

Archived