So it was a hoax...I am so disappointed.

PanAnna

why on earth would anyone attack the OP with scornful and unkind responses? sheesh. :rolleyes:

Thank you. I was surprised by the responses myself. I was just trying to express my honest disappointment.

When the post came out, it was dated wrong, and them someone tried to cover it up by saying it came from someone they knew from inside LOL.

Better Luck next time.

As for the OP PanAnna, Your best be is to book your mom on the Freedom April 5th 2008 out of Miami. Then come join our roll call. :D

Fred

When the post came out, it was dated wrong, and them someone tried to cover it up by saying it came from someone they knew from inside LOL.

Better Luck next time.

As for the OP PanAnna, Your best be is to book your mom on the Freedom April 5th 2008 out of Miami. Then come join our roll call. :D

Fred

Fred, I'd take you up on that but this is a different cruise I am planning. My in-laws are the cruise in April. I am genuinely excited about going on the Holiday in April. It will be my first and I am glad I won't have anything else to judge it by.

My mom wants to do her 60th birthday in the September/October timeframe on a cruise. I am thinking we'll do the Fantasy now. It will be just out of drydock. She doesn't want to travel too far (NOLA approx 4 hours, Mobile approx 2 hours) and there will be 6 of us.

Thanks for the invite though! :)

Thanks for posting the link as I didn't get to read the paper this morning. That is the reporter that called me asking for the website address that the press release was found on. I had sent it to my TA's office to check out the information(They also had a Carnival Rep in their office that day.) Obviously they decided to head off the rumor at the pass so to speak before it really got out of hand.

Ahhh mannnn...that's a bummer. You will both enjoy the Fantasy tho!

Just a quick correction....Fantasy is not moving to Mobile...the story says that a Fantasy CLASS ship may be in Mobile's future. Fantasy CLASS ships are Imagination, Ecstasy, Elation, Inspiration, Sensation, Fascination, Fantasy and Paradise.

You will LOVE the Fantasy. My mom and I went with her best friend and her daughter, and we had a great time! Great size ship, and great crew. Have fun!!
First ship I ever cruised on...here I am 17 cruises later (on many different lines) with one coming up in October and getting ready to book another.....;)

Just a quick correction....Fantasy is not moving to Mobile...the story says that a Fantasy CLASS ship may be in Mobile's future. Fantasy CLASS ships are Imagination, Ecstasy, Elation, Inspiration, Sensation, Fascination, Fantasy and Paradise.

According the the Carnival press release, it's the FASCINATION...

"Carnival, Jaxport Announce Significant Expansion of Jacksonville Cruise Operationsspacer.gif08/14/2007 spacer.gifMIAMI (August 14, 2007) – Carnival Cruise Lines and the Jacksonville Port Authority (JAXPORT) today announced a significant increase in capacity for Jacksonville’s cruise operations when the 2,052-passenger Carnival Fascination replaces the 1,486-passenger Celebration on four- and five-day cruises year-round from Jacksonville beginning Sept. 20, 2008.

Carnival is the only cruise operator to sail year-round from Jacksonville and the Carnival Fascination represents a 38 percent increase in capacity over the Celebration. With the deployment of the Carnival Fascination – the newest and largest ship ever homeported in Jacksonville on a year-round basis – Carnival is expected to carry 170,000 guests annually from JAXPORT."

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/fasc_jax.aspx

According the the Carnival press release, it's the FASCINATION...

"Carnival, Jaxport Announce Significant Expansion of Jacksonville Cruise Operationsspacer.gif08/14/2007 spacer.gifMIAMI (August 14, 2007) – Carnival Cruise Lines and the Jacksonville Port Authority (JAXPORT) today announced a significant increase in capacity for Jacksonville’s cruise operations when the 2,052-passenger Carnival Fascination replaces the 1,486-passenger Celebration on four- and five-day cruises year-round from Jacksonville beginning Sept. 20, 2008.

Carnival is the only cruise operator to sail year-round from Jacksonville and the Carnival Fascination represents a 38 percent increase in capacity over the Celebration. With the deployment of the Carnival Fascination – the newest and largest ship ever homeported in Jacksonville on a year-round basis – Carnival is expected to carry 170,000 guests annually from JAXPORT."

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/fasc_jax.aspx

We are talking about Mobile here. Your press release is about Jacksonville. Carnival has said nothing about Mobile yet.

I think the OP was referring to driving to New Orleans to sail on the Fantasy.

I also sailed on the Fantasy and it was a great ship and in good shape for her age. I thoroughly enjoyed my cruise. The food in the dining room was great and the service througout the ship was very good.

I could tell that it was just a figure of speech, don't let the responses get to you. Some have personality problems :) Hope you find a good trip for your mom!! I am traveling w/ mine in October on the Ecstasy again, very much looking forward to our time together.

Thank you. I was surprised by the responses myself. I was just trying to express my honest disappointment.

I think the OP was referring to driving to New Orleans to sail on the Fantasy.

I also sailed on the Fantasy and it was a great ship and in good shape for her age. I thoroughly enjoyed my cruise. The food in the dining room was great and the service througout the ship was very good.

Thanks for posting this. That is exactly what I meant, driving to NOLA for the Fantasy in September 2008 after she is out of drydock.

I'm looking forward to the Fantasy for sure!

Also still looking forward to the possibiilty that at some point in the future NOLA or Mobile will wind up with a ship with more balcony choices.

Thanks for posting this. That is exactly what I meant, driving to NOLA for the Fantasy in September 2008 after she is out of drydock.

I'm looking forward to the Fantasy for sure!

Also still looking forward to the possibiilty that at some point in the future NOLA or Mobile will wind up with a ship with more balcony choices.

I think that the Destiny will be the test ship to see if you get your wish for more balconies.... Once the move the Destiny out of San Juan it will take over the Fascination's route which will offer those who travel that route more balcony choices..... If it is as successful as they hope, NOLA or even Mobile might be in line for the next balconied monster they decide to take off the 7 day routes.....

Archived