Radiance of the Seas - Promenade Deck Full-Wraparound?

Hi there, everyone -

My husband and I are taking our first RCCL cruise next Friday to Alaska. It'll be our fourth Alaskan cruise. One question - and I feel somewhat stupid to ask, but I haven't been able to make it out on the deck plans - does the promenade deck go all the way around the ship, or are parts of it closed off? A little bit of an odd question, but one thing I LOVE to do is plug in my MP3 player and just walk around the ship, looking at the scenery and watching for dolphins, humpbacks, orcas, and bald eagles

I have seen the jogging track, but it seems pretty tiny (7 times around is a mile?). Also, I know my "perambulations" might be annoying to serious joggers. Just wondering. Thank you to anyone who replies!

Frances

Hi there, everyone -

My husband and I are taking our first RCCL cruise next Friday to Alaska. It'll be our fourth Alaskan cruise. One question - and I feel somewhat stupid to ask, but I haven't been able to make it out on the deck plans - does the promenade deck go all the way around the ship, or are parts of it closed off? A little bit of an odd question, but one thing I LOVE to do is plug in my MP3 player and just walk around the ship, looking at the scenery and watching for dolphins, humpbacks, orcas, and bald eagles

I have seen the jogging track, but it seems pretty tiny (7 times around is a mile?). Also, I know my "perambulations" might be annoying to serious joggers. Just wondering. Thank you to anyone who replies!

Frances

If you will go to the Mix and Mingle - Radiance Sailing 9/14/07 to Alaska and post your question, I guarantee someone will know. There are some seasoned knowledgeable Radiance travelers over there and they are very friendly.

Cat

The Radiance class, along with the Voyager and Freedom classes, has a beautiful promenade deck, which could be considered a full-wrap promenade if you can excuse the fact that at the forward ends of the ship you have to walk up a flight of stairs. It is worth the effort though---you can walk all the way to the very tip of the bow of the ship, which was a great place from which to see the beauty of Alaska, even while under way.

Enjoy your cruise---you will like the promenade deck, along with the rest of this gorgeous ship.

Bon Voyage~~

Leslie

Archived