Question , whether to book the Majesty

Cruisedelight

We're about to sail the Majesty for the 6th time. She's fine. She's an older ship with quiet charm and a fantastic crew.

It's my understanding that she'll being going into drydock after she leaves Boston so if she is having some minor issues, they'll be taken care of before you sail on her.

Any ship sailing northeastern waters will have a larger percentage of people saying it rocked real bad. On the majesty most of the dining rooms are at the front and rear of the ship. if the seas are alittle rough eat at the four seasons. its in the middle and you will feel less motion. According to my wife the AC worked much to well. Good temp control in the room. Palace theater was cold, bring a sweater.

7 of us were planning on booking the Majesty for April, and have heard a few rumors about air going off for 2 days and ship rocked real bad. Does anyone have any experience that we need to know before we book?

This will be the fourth year in a row that we are sailing on the Majesty. We just love this ship, its great crew and the outstanding itinerary in Bermuda. I wish there were other cruises where we could stay in port for 3 1/2 days. We never had any problems with the AC. We even got stuck in an elevator and had to call to get let out. But that was minor, just another adventure to talk about. Some years the seas were very calm and the sailing was uneventful. Some years, a passing hurricane would stir up the ocean and definitely the boat would rock as would any ship in the same situation no matter what the size. The Atlantic ocean is very unpredictable concerning the weather, so you just hope for the best. I do know that the Majesty has a very loyal following and most of us are heartbroken that it is moving to Baltimore and other ports. I know that the Dream is replacing the Majesty next year, and supposed is a very nice ship as well. But it is still going to be hard replacing the comfort zone we have had with this ship. I doubt that there will be a better crew to take care of you. I would definitely recommend you experiencing the Majesty. After all our loss is your gain. :)

The Majesty was my introduction to large ship cruising in November 2005 (had only done Windjammers prior to that). Now that I've been on the Dawn as well as RCCL's Brilliance I know that the Majesty is smaller and a bit shabbier. But it was on the Majesty that I learned to love cruising so she holds a special place in my heart.

So if I book a trip on the Majesty, May 2008, I will be on the Dream?:confused:

:confused: If you book a trip on the Majesty, I assume you will sail on the Majesty. :confused: The Majesty will be sailing to Bermuda from Philly, Baltimore and Charleston in 2008. The Dream will be sailing from Boston to Bermuda. :D

Allright, who's messin' with me?

I was on the Majesty in January 2007 - 2 weeks after the mishaps with the air conditioning. We had a great cruise! The staff was terrific, the food was wonderful, nothing negative to say. Note: This was my first cruise, and I had done a little too much reading on the boards. I think the best advice I chose to take was, "keep an open mind and go to enjoy!"

Cruzeluver, I'm glad NCL isn't a "rookie" in Charleston. There are four in our group and two are in folding wheelchairs. We will probably need a lot of help boarding.

I think you will find that the Majesty crew is outstanding. It one of the things we will most miss about the ship next year. They bend over backwards to be helpful and welcoming. I have personally seen how wonderful they have been to people in wheelchairs and other situations. Just let them know if you need help and they will be more than happy to assist you. Every year we returned on the Majesty we saw so many familiar faces and they remmembered us in return. It really is a nice feeling. That is the main reason we are uncertain about booking the Majesty's replacement next year (the Dream) because the crew is irreplaceable.:) I might even think about traveling to Baltimore to sail the Majesty from there, if I can talk my wife into that adventure.:)

Archived