Just Back from Mariner of Seas Wedding 8/19

:p Hello all...

First, I would like to thank all those that gave suggestions on Cruise Critic. I believe it helped me to prepare for the most wonderful wedding I could imagine. I have been watching the board and reading for a year. I even when back and logged on to some old reviews from more than a year ago. This board helped me to prepare for the wedding.....

I promise to write a full review this week and I would like to give any answers to future brides... For now I would like to mention the do's and don't

DO's

1. take a three ring binder and save all corespondence between you and the RR... Request as much in writing via email. (this saved us hundreds of dollars and tears)

2. Make a list of job assignments for people to follow for wedding set up.

3. Assign one to two people to stay on wedding coordinators to insure all that you want... to happen

4. VERY IMPORTANT!! View other people wedding photos on cruise critics and write don't all the must have shots that you want your photographer to take... Print it out and give the wedding cordinator one, photographer one and one extra for someone in the wedding party to stay on top of... (I also posted a list earlier) Our photographer took all the shots I wanted and much more

5. Do plan ahead what room you and the groom will get dress in and your bride maids/grooms men... If you have several chose more than one room. Let the coordinator know ahead of time what room.

6. Do assign two people to clean up and gathering detail after the wedding. ( I am missing my toasting glasses because we failed to do this:( )

7. Do know what you want your coordinator to do for you in your wedding to make it perfect

Don't

Don't forget to have all in your wedding to check their travel arrangements and boarding needs ahead of time.. 3 people missed the cruise:(

Don't forget to ask several picture to take pictures (some of the best pictures came from family

Don't forget to look at the professional photographer and not family members when posing for pictures.... (will explain this in the review)

Don't forget to take a napkin, or sometime to wipe or dab your face with ask the groom to put it in his pocket. (explain more in review)

Don't go over board with wedding bag favors... the assembly line was a killer.... We did wedding ceremony favors and wedding bag favors...:eek:

Don't forget to make an emergency wedding bag kit .... stain remover, needle, makeup remover... etc.. this came in handy

Don't forget to have the coordinator send cake, champagin and anything else to your room and make sure you have her tell you who she told it to.

Don't forget to have someone write down your coordinators name.... Especially if you are going to have any complaints.

Most of all make sure you have a great time and remember it is your day... don't sweat the little things and know that there is someone special waiting for you...... We had a wonderful time and though there were some small bumps in the road to joining my soulmate... I plowed them right away make it to the altar with a smile and a laugh and a Thank you lord!!!

Best wishes to allllllllllllllllllllllllllll I will have pictures and review this week and any questions that anyone may have.... Peace

A satisfied Cruise Critic Bride

Archived