Rant - Getting Wedding Coordinators To Respond To Emails !

jdybnsn

Sorry, just feeling like having a little rant ......

Unless you have been very lucky with your wedding coordinator, I get the impression from posts, that many people have all suffered from from lack of responsiveness from their WCs at sometime in their planning stages !

Why is it that once they have your deposit, they are a nightmare to get to respond to emails ? Phoning is not an option for me given the cost of international calls and time differences - plus I like to get details agreed in writing.

Obviously, their priorities lie with the brides whose weddings are more imminent (and rightly so), but I hate this feeling of being at the back of the queue :(

Especially, when all I want to do is get at least a few basics agreed, that may need to be booked ahead of time, and find out whether certain options will or will not be available, so I can get a better picture of how to plan my day. Even a quick outline from her as to the procedures & timescale for the day, based on my requirements.

Am I asking too much ???

I worry that if I bombard them with emails, I am simply going to end up annoying the wc..... and get tagged as a neurotic bride. :o

Should it be normal/acceptable not to have got a reply in over a week ?

Anybody have any tips / coping strategies for the unresponsive wc ??

I sure could use some :rolleyes:

Welcome to the TWE/RR club! ;)

Which cruise line are you with? I know it's the same company, but from the way their names pop up on here, it seems that they work with specific lines.

Maybe one of the brides on here that has a responsive co-ordinator might be able to give you a name. Then email that person directly and ask that they take over your file. Once you have that, just stay in contact with that WC. I just keep replying to the same email so I have all correspondence in one email.

If you are with Princess, Tia has been very helpful for some of us on here.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Hi,

We have booked direct with Grand Old House Grand Cayman, after ducking out of a Disney cruise wedding (due to having to have to be married at the terminal before we leave on our cruise).

We are taking a risk marrying at Grand Cayman from our Disney cruise but we only have a tiny wedding party (just 4 !) and we will simply fly out later if we miss the port.

Our coordinator is Desiree at GOH...however, I have no idea how many weddings/ vow renewals they handle a week.....?

Maybe we should have picked a specific wedding coordinator based on the island instead, rather than directly from the venue :confused:

Seems to be a common problem though ..who ever you book with.:(

Ugh! I totally feel for you! Especially being abroad! I completely understand your feelings on not wanting to piss off the group of people whom are going to be the ones arranging every last detail of your wedding....!

Perhaps an email to your cruiselines customer service is in order? You could CC the persons/people at RR/TWE that you have been dealing with.

Simply, politely, ask customer service if there is any way they can refer you to someone whom would be more reliable in responding to you. Cite your situation of being out of the country and the fact that, as the wedding people already have your deposit, it is unclear why they are not responding to your email inquiries.... Maybe you could come off as confounded and ask CS to "verify contact information, as maybe you dont have it right" LOL

I posted a Florida better business info on TWE/RR. In the post, I believe, the email for the owner was present. You can search for it in this forum. Perhaps a polite email, or a CC on the one you send to CS, directed her way would be prudent?

Hi,

We have booked direct with Grand Old House Grand Cayman...

Our coordinator is Desiree at GOH...however, I have no idea how many weddings/ vow renewals they handle a week.....?

I know alot of people have had issues with TWE/RR, but it sounds like you've picked a non-cruise related coordinator.

Are you contacting your coordinator directly? If that doesn't seem to be working, maybe contacting someone at customer service or perhaps higher up at GOH would help get the ball rolling. Because after all, you are paying for their service and most companies want clients happy.

Also maybe if you sent an email stating that you just needed to feel like things were getting started then you would get out of their hair (put a bit more eloquently) they would answer your questions.

Anyway it happens, good luck!

I know alot of people have had issues with TWE/RR, but it sounds like you've picked a non-cruise related coordinator.

Are you contacting your coordinator directly? If that doesn't seem to be working, maybe contacting someone at customer service or perhaps higher up at GOH would help get the ball rolling. Because after all, you are paying for their service and most companies want clients happy.

Also maybe if you sent an email stating that you just needed to feel like things were getting started then you would get out of their hair (put a bit more eloquently) they would answer your questions.

Anyway it happens, good luck!

OOOPS!

Ignore my post!

This is what happens when you dont read the entire thread before you respond! :D

Hi

We are also from cheshire and getting married aboard caribbean princess in 4 weeks, I also am waiting to hear from our wedding co-ordernator, i called yesterday and asked them if everything was in order and was told yes, i also asked should they not have contackted me 45 days before my wedding!! i was told they will be in touch in due course !! so i understand just how you feel :(

Hi

We are also from cheshire and getting married aboard caribbean princess in 4 weeks, I also am waiting to hear from our wedding co-ordernator, i called yesterday and asked them if everything was in order and was told yes, i also asked should they not have contackted me 45 days before my wedding!! i was told they will be in touch in due course !! so i understand just how you feel :(

Wow ! I think I would be hairless and nailessby now if I was in your shoes ! :eek:

I can understand to a point why the wc is not responsive to me ...but that's a much worse situation that you are in - I do hope they call you soon :)

Congratulations. ..and good luck with your wedding...may the Cheshire Cat be smiling on your big day !!!! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Dump them & go with a private island coordinator. That's what we did & couldn't have been more happy with our beautiful wedding in Ocho Rios. We used Tropical Weddings Jamaica & they were an absoulte breeze to work with & gave us everything we wanted & more.

Dump them & don't look back... you won't be disappointed.

Dump them & go with a private island coordinator. That's what we did & couldn't have been more happy with our beautiful wedding in Ocho Rios. We used Tropical Weddings Jamaica & they were an absoulte breeze to work with & gave us everything we wanted & more.

Dump them & don't look back... you won't be disappointed.

This person is using a private island coordinator (Grand Old House Grand Cayman). Her issues have nothing to do with TWE.

Hello everyone, just to let you know that the wedding experience aka royal romance, etc. They have the cruise line wedding coordination market cornered. But, that is not the end, there is no reason why so many people have issues and they continue to ignore there broken contractual agreements. Please remember, you pay them, and it is up to us to make sure that the next couple do not get taken to the cleaners. My suggestion is to do the following: contact the better business bureau for florida, contact the atty generals office in florida, they have started a file against TWE and are taken any and all complaints. I am one of those brides that paid in full up front, 6 months before the cruise and completely got screwed. Without going into much detail, I got married in June on the norwegian dawn and 3 months later and only after emailing TWE, NCL's executives, american express travel and the travel agent and the owner, did I get a response... my question was, why have I not received my marriage certificate, guess what.... after speaking with Bermuda registrar general's office, they informed me that they were waiting for TWE to let them know where to send my certificate. Just another major mistake they made. They completely ruined our wedding and because we were worried about all the things not getting done and TWE always saying "don't worry, we assure you everything is all set and your wedding day will be a beautiful one" because of this, we did not completely enjoy our cruise with 25 family and friends. The running joke with everyone was "so is the wedding going to be a legal one?" because TWE forget to follow up on the marriage license, therefore, the process which they get paid to do was not complete until 1 1/2 week before we left. So my answer to anyone whom asks, do not use them and you can get around having to use them by contracting an island coordinator. Also, if you have been roped into their open ended agreement which I might remind you only benefits them not you, then you can complain to the individuals I mentioned and they will help get your money back. We have decided to go one step further and contact an atty in florida that was recommended by the atty generals office. We are requesting all of our money back from TWE. We have received some but their "gesture" as they put it is not good enough. Remeber, you do not get this day back..... Dianna (diannaallen72@verizon.net)

Hello everyone, just to let you know that the wedding experience aka royal romance, etc. They have the cruise line wedding coordination market cornered. But, that is not the end, there is no reason why so many people have issues and they continue to ignore there broken contractual agreements. Please remember, you pay them, and it is up to us to make sure that the next couple do not get taken to the cleaners. My suggestion is to do the following: contact the better business bureau for florida, contact the atty generals office in florida, they have started a file against TWE and are taken any and all complaints. I am one of those brides that paid in full up front, 6 months before the cruise and completely got screwed. Without going into much detail, I got married in June on the norwegian dawn and 3 months later and only after emailing TWE, NCL's executives, american express travel and the travel agent and the owner, did I get a response... my question was, why have I not received my marriage certificate, guess what.... after speaking with Bermuda registrar general's office, they informed me that they were waiting for TWE to let them know where to send my certificate. Just another major mistake they made. They completely ruined our wedding and because we were worried about all the things not getting done and TWE always saying "don't worry, we assure you everything is all set and your wedding day will be a beautiful one" because of this, we did not completely enjoy our cruise with 25 family and friends. The running joke with everyone was "so is the wedding going to be a legal one?" because TWE forget to follow up on the marriage license, therefore, the process which they get paid to do was not complete until 1 1/2 week before we left. So my answer to anyone whom asks, do not use them and you can get around having to use them by contracting an island coordinator. Also, if you have been roped into their open ended agreement which I might remind you only benefits them not you, then you can complain to the individuals I mentioned and they will help get your money back. We have decided to go one step further and contact an atty in florida that was recommended by the atty generals office. We are requesting all of our money back from TWE. We have received some but their "gesture" as they put it is not good enough. Remeber, you do not get this day back..... Dianna (diannaallen72@verizon.net)

Keep us informed as to how everything is progressing!

Archived