Summit Celebrity Suite

PainMD

I am booked in suite 9096 for the 10/26/07 Summit cruise to Hawaii. Unfortunately, all the other CS are booked. I had the opportunity to take a CS on the Penthouse deck but chose to be closer to the pool and sports deck for convenience. Also, I was told that the CS on the Penthouse deck has an obstructed view whereas 9096 doesn't. There is still a Sky Suite available on the Penthouse deck. Should I switch or stay in the CS? I have read that this particular suite is very noisy. Any advice would be much appreciated.

We would have to take the SS as we must have a veranda, but the CS's are beautiful with their floor to ceiling windows. You would be right under the hot dog/hamburger grill area of the pool deck so you might be right about being a noisy area.

:)

The main reason I answered was to invite you to check out the roll call thread for this cruise which is very active and you might be able to get a better answer as we have lots of veteran cruisers. Check us out ! :D

See you on board !

I am booked in suite 9096 for the 10/26/07 Summit cruise to Hawaii. Unfortunately, all the other CS are booked. I had the opportunity to take a CS on the Penthouse deck but chose to be closer to the pool and sports deck for convenience. Also, I was told that the CS on the Penthouse deck has an obstructed view whereas 9096 doesn't. There is still a Sky Suite available on the Penthouse deck. Should I switch or stay in the CS? I have read that this particular suite is very noisy. Any advice would be much appreciated.

We did a two week Alaska cruise in CS-6106 on the Penthouse deck (deck 6) on the Summit. The window washing equipment IS parked there permanently. I don't think there's any view impairment with CS-6104. However, as I understand it, deck 9 has noise issues. I don't think you should consider "convenience" as important to location. Stairs and elevators put every cabin in a "convenient" location.

We LOVED the CS - FOR ALASKA - for Hawaii, we would need a balcony. Of course, only you know if you would "need" a balcony. Because Hawaii (to us) calls for a balcony, if we were given the choice between any CS and an SS, we would choose the SS. The CS windows provide a constant, spectacular view on the world (life in the "bubble is VERY nice!), but a balcony in Hawaii (even on land) is breathtaking. Only you know what would make you happy! I think you'll be happy whatever you decide. I hope you have a wonderful cruise!:)

Aloha!

Denise

Archived