just back from the coral - land/cruise

virginia600

Hold the phone.

What is this about packing and only allowing certain size bag or whatnot to the certain lodges??

No one has told us about this and we are leaving tomorrow!!!!!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ann-Marie75:

Virginia, do you remember if there were hair dryers in all the hotels that you stayed in on the tour? I leave 6/20 on the same tour that you did. Thanks, Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ann Marie,

there were hair dryers at each Princess lodge and of course on the ship.

Susan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DiaH:

Hold the phone.

What is this about packing and only allowing certain size bag or whatnot to the certain lodges??

No one has told us about this and we are leaving tomorrow!!!!!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Each person is allowed 1 small overnight bag ont he train from Fairbanks to Denai lodge. The bag went under our seat on the train. At the McKinley lodge the other bags were at our room. I am glad that I sent the "cruise wear" ahead. The information should be in your booklets. Have a great time.

OK, I'm still confused about the luggage situation!! When we leave Fairbanks a go on the train through the park to the Denali Lodge, we are allowed one small bag P/P. OK, but in that bag I do not need to carry any clothing do I? Except for jackets. we will be reunited with out luggage the same day before bed time won't we? Is this correct? Or am I totally wacky!!

Ann-Marie

For AnnMarie,

The answer to your question is:

If you are going from Fairbanks to Denali Princess for 1 night only your luggage will not be there. If you are going for more than 1 night at Princess Denali your luggage will be there. You will need to take some changes of clothing. My wife carried a good size carry on with some clothing and other items and I carried our camera equipment. That was all. My wife and I wore the same jeans the next day but did change undies and shirts and socks. The space on the train is small. Some folks brought suitcases that would not fit under the seat. The Princess folk put it in plastic bags and tied it to the railing on the open air section. I am not joking about this.

When we got to the McKinley Princess our other bag was delivered there. We also sent two large bags from Fairbanks on to the ship and they arrived in our stateroom very late on Saturday evening.

Don't get flustered. It is just a little thing.

Russ

SC Traveler

May 11-22-2004 Princess Land and Sea Tour

Okay, how does this work in reverse? We're going from Anchorage to McKinley on the train for one night. Then by motorcoach to Denali for one night and then on to Fairbanks by train for one night. Will we have to live out of carry-ons for three nights? Yikes! icon_eek.gif

Archived