Any Photos / Tips etc. - Grand Old House ?

jdybnsn

Hi

We are getting married at Old Grand House next Feb. from our Disney cruise (we'll fly out 2 months later if we miss it since we are only a very small wedding party of 4)

Just wondered if anyone has any general photos to share and or tips / reviews /opinions etc. of this place ?...they need not be wedding related - I'm just eager to gain any information.

Congradulations on your upcoming wedding. I am also getting married at the Grand Old House on November 1st. We will be on the Carnival Conquest. My fiance and I just got back from Grand Cayman on Sunday. We went to finalize all of our wedding plans. We had originally booked another venue, but when we saw the Grand Old House we knew that we had found our "place." Desiree Evans is the wedding coordinator at the GOH and she is awesome. Actually, the entire staff is awesome. You will not be disappointed at all. We ate dinner there one night and it was absolutely delicious. Their food presentation is gorgeous. We tasted their speciality cake for our wedding, with a glass of their nice house champagne. All of this they did for us, without a formal appointment. We will be having our wedding, plus a reception/luncheon for 25 guests. Don't worry at all. You have made a wise choice in booking the Grand Old House.

Lisa

Thank you Lisa and congratulations to you too :)

Please let me know how it all goes in November ..!

I am having problems getting replies off Desiree to my emails - I realise she must be busy with other brides - any idea how many weddings / vow renewals they do a day/ week there ?

Also, is there a set procedure on the day of your wedding ? - I have heard in other threads about meeting the wedding coordinator at the port early in the morning ....but we know nothing about this and were planning on leaving the ship at 10am for our wedding at 11am. :confused:

If we have to get off the ship earlier, then we might well have to replan our morning - which was going to be spent aboard the ship getting ready.

Thanks for any help.:)

Desiree is actually the contact person for Carnival and Royal Caribbean weddings in Grand Cayman, so she is very busy. I know she had 6 weddings to coordinate all on the same day last week for the cruise lines. Some of the weddings were on the ship, and some of the weddings were in port. She is really a super nice person and I am sure you will be pleased with the Grand Old House. Look on the Grand Cayman port schedule to see when there are not any cruise ships in port and try to call her. Fridays seem to be a good day for her. I don't think there are many cruise ships in port on Fridays.

I will be leaving the ship very early on the first tender to have my hair and makeup done on the island. My fiance and guests are set to meet at the pier at 10:00 am for transport to the Grand Old House. Our wedding is at 10:30 am that morning. If you plan to have your hair and makeup done on the ship, I don't see why you will need to leave the ship that early. Desiree will give you a timeline for that day and let you know what time you need to be there. Since you are not having many guests, you may only have some paperwork to complete before the ceremony.

Lisa

Thanks for the information that does explain alot now :)

Would you mind telling me where you are getting your hair & make up done ? - I hadn't thought about getting done on the island.....but actually that might be better, since it would be nice for my husband-to-be not to see me in my dress and make up on the ship..... but to meet him at the port where we are hoping to have a horse & carriage to take us to Grand Old House.

Are you planning to do anything after your wedding ? We are planning on having a meal at GOH, then a couple of hours beach time with our kids at Smiths Cove...but not sure how that is going to work with me in my wedding attire !!

Archived