Itinerary Updates

IndigoFairy

I hope no one minds that I am posting this here. Originally I put it in the Hurricane '07 forum, but it just seems to belong here....

IMPORTANT ITINERARY UPDATE

AUGUST 28, 2007 - 3:00 PM

We have been closely assessing the impact on our ports of call from Hurricane Dean. For our cruises this weekend, we will make several itinerary changes to replace the scheduled calls in Costa Maya:

Holiday September 1 departure - Progreso will replace the call in Costa Maya

Carnival Liberty September 1 departure - Cozumel will replace the call in Costa Maya

Carnival Legend September 2 departure - Isla Roatan will replace the call in Costa Maya

Carnival Valor September 2 departure - Cozumel will replace the call in Costa Maya

Carnival Fantasy September 3 departure - Progreso will replace the call in Costa Maya

We have made these important changes to ensure that our guests on these cruises will enjoy the best possible shore experience.

All of the other Carnival ships will operate their scheduled itineraries this weekend. We are looking forward to providing our guests with a great cruise vacation.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/static_t...eath erupdate

I hope no one minds that I am posting this here. Originally I put it in the Hurricane '07 forum, but it just seems to belong here....

We have been closely assessing the impact on our ports of call from Hurricane Dean. For our cruises this weekend, we will make several itinerary changes to replace the scheduled calls in Costa Maya:

Carnival Liberty September 1 departure - Cozumel will replace the call in Costa Maya

Carnival Legend September 2 departure - Isla Roatan will replace the call in Costa Maya

Carnival Valor September 2 departure - Cozumel will replace the call in Costa Maya

Carnival Fantasy September 3 departure - Progreso will replace the call in Costa Maya

We have made these important changes to ensure that our guests on these cruises will enjoy the best possible shore experience.

All of the other Carnival ships will operate their scheduled itineraries this weekend. We are looking forward to providing our guests with a great cruise vacation.

How can I find this page starting from the carnival.com homepage? I tried to find this info and can't seem to find where it's hidden :confused:

How can I find this page starting from the carnival.com homepage? I tried to find this info and can't seem to find where it's hidden :confused:

Link on the home page and on the "customer service" page

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/Customer_Service_Landing.aspx

then click on

Weather Update and Information

The link posted by the OP will always update when things are changed.

This is the third time I've posted this, sorry for being repetitive but I'm hoping I can get information if it's in all the right places....on the Belize board a travel agent reported today:

"I spoke with Carnival today and they said that Belize was not going to be visited for 2 weeks at least...but was subject to change w/out notice also.

I would not get my hopes up too high for Belize for your Sept. 2nd sailing yet."

I really hope someone on one of these sailings lets us know if they actually make it to Belize!!!

I went to those links and all that is showing is the update for Aug. 17th.

Where did you find this information?

Thanks

I found the 8/24/07 update a few days ago searching on the Carnival website using the "Static_template" keyword located in the url of the 8/18/07 update. I clicked on the link I posted in the Hurricane Dean Thread for the 8/24/07 update this morning, and found the 8/28/07 update. Hope that helps.

EDIT

P.S. The reason that I went back to the link I previously posted for the 8/24/07 update this morning was because I attempted to locate a newer update using the "Static_template" keyword and only came up with the 8/17/07 update. The 8/24/07 update no longer appeared, nor did the newer 8/27/07. I can't explain these things. I just want those of you trying to duplicate my search to know that it is no longer yielding the same results.

According to the Carnival website, the Valor is indeed going to Belize. If it wouldn't be going to Belize, it would've been included in the list of port updates. Maybe the rep at Carnival wasn't up to date? I hope so! Losing Costa Maya is enough, adding Belize to the list wouldn't be fun at all! :mad:

According to the Carnival website, the Valor is indeed going to Belize. If it wouldn't be going to Belize, it would've been included in the list of port updates. Maybe the rep at Carnival wasn't up to date? I hope so! Losing Costa Maya is enough, adding Belize to the list wouldn't be fun at all! :mad:

Totally agree with you! The travel agent who originally posted (and she knew the itinerary updates from Carnival) said she gets a different story depending on who she talks to. So hopefully the person she talked to was just wrong. At this point I don't think I'll believe it until I hear from a Carnival cruiser who went there post-hurricane!

Looks like we're gonna get stuck with Progresso on the Fantasy!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I'd trade Belize for stinkin Progresso any day...

Just because you're not telling me what I want to hear doesn't mean you're not helpful. I had believed that I could trust the posted itinerary and you made me realize I was being naive. I'm just continuing to look for information...in hopes of forming some sort of plan before I leave....sorry if I made you feel bad in any way!

Well, I am either too darned tired or my Carnival home webpage is not the same as yours. I cannot fine "New & Fun anywhere.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!:( :eek: :(

I just did this and it did not work for me either but after a little thinking I signed out and then went to the home page and viola! there it was! You must be logged in. Try logging out.;)

Lonnie

I just did this and it did not work for me either but after a little thinking I signed out and then went to the home page and viola! there it was! You must be logged in. Try logging out.;)

Lonnie

That always amazes me. Things that regular cruisers need to see are not visible when you are logged in.

Why does Carnival use a static website when they are dealing with information that changes every minute. Their web design department must have really great job security.

That always amazes me. Things that regular cruisers need to see are not visible when you are logged in.

Why does Carnival use a static website when they are dealing with information that changes every minute. Their web design department must have really great job security.

I wondered the same thing myself. I couldn't believe once I logged out the page looked so much different and had a lot more info you would think they would want everyone to see!!:rolleyes:

I just talked to the guy who we booked our excursion through in belize and he said that ships are starting to return as early as thrusday NCL and RCCL will be sending ships back starting thrusday so my guess is from from what that itninary changes say belize is back in for carnival and costa maya is out for a long time. does anyone know anything about rotan is there anything worth doing there i looked it is a rather small excursion list? Not sure if rotan is permenant but i want to be prepared if it does as there will be a lot of people switch excursions.

but of course nothing is set in stone till Carnival says so right :)

I just talked to the guy who we booked our excursion through in belize and he said that ships are starting to return as early as thrusday NCL and RCCL will be sending ships back starting thrusday so my guess is from from what that itninary changes say belize is back in for carnival and costa maya is out for a long time. does anyone know anything about rotan is there anything worth doing there i looked it is a rather small excursion list? Not sure if rotan is permenant but i want to be prepared if it does as there will be a lot of people switch excursions.

but of course nothing is set in stone till Carnival says so right :)

Check out the ports of call boards for Roatan. We have booked a driver through Victor Brodden for the day. He came very highly recommended. Have fun!

Archived