Itinerary Updates

IndigoFairy

What I'm still trying to figure out is why the Glory is not going back to Belize?!? Word on the street is that us suckers on that ship will be visiting Key West and Progreso instead of Belize and Costa Maya until at least December.

Costa Maya being replaced I understand...but why knock us out of Belize, too?

I'm on the Glory Oct. 20 and was hopeful Belize would be back in.

I can't remember where I read it, but I think the reason Belize is out for now is the timing thing. Costa Maya and Belize were all on the eastern edge of the Yucatan Peninsula, not far from each other or Cozumel. Progresso is around the tip of the Yucatan in the Gulf of Mexico, and much farther from Belize, so sailing time is a big difference. When Progresso replaced Costa Maya, I think they had to rearrange the whole itinerary because of the sailing times. At least that's what I'm guessing out from researching. Who knows, I could be way off base.

I'm really disappointed Belize is probably off the itinerary. My son was looking forward to ziplining in the rain forest and we were both looking forward to cave tubing with Major Tom. C'est la vie!

Archived