Good news or bad news???

kiraryker

kiraryker,

Thanks so much for the great news! Firefighter group cruise? Hmmmmm

Life is sooooooo good! Good thing we booked Sat. This cruise will be filling up fast!

Hey no problem!!! One good thing if it gets too hot and we become overwelmed by the "sights" of the firemen at least there will be plenty of EMS guys around to help us out. Too funny:D :D

All I can say is: Bring em on...... This cruise is going to be to much fun!!!!!!!

What is a vacation but 7 days of fun and relaxation! Has Bombero474 been burned? kiraryker, seems by the website they are staying on balconies on the 8th deck. Yea!!!!!!! I will see some "close ups"

Ok I googled my cruise and found that there is a FIREFIGHTERS/EMS GROUP CRUISE planned for my cruise. Has anyone had experience with groups of this nature?? I'd think that if anything I'd be really safe???:D:D Or maybe the opposite? :eek:

I will let you know. we have a group of about 15 going with us on our cruise. I know this group is a party group.

A group that works as hard and as dangerous as they do is not going to be doing tiddlywinks and knitting on a group vacation. They will tilt a few tastes for sure. [just to wash out the smoke]. But dangerous to other pax? They rescue, they don't endanger.

I've been to half a dozen Firemen's Musters and they worked hard and played hard.

Enjoy your cruise Fire Fighters.

Dan

A group that works as hard and as dangerous as they do is not going to be doing tiddlywinks and knitting on a group vacation. They will tilt a few tastes for sure. [just to wash out the smoke]. But dangerous to other pax? They rescue, they don't endanger.

I've been to half a dozen Firemen's Musters and they worked hard and played hard.

Enjoy your cruise Fire Fighters.

Dan

Very well said and thank you for the kind words.

I think people are going to all be a bit paranoid about "groups" after the whole Liberty brouhaha.

The bottom line is that there are groups of some kind or another on just about every cruise. Some are huge and noticeable, while others are smaller and you never realize they're a "group." We were on the Conquest with a huge group of travel agents having a conference at sea, and the only thing I noticed was that some of the larger lounges were used for their meetings throughout the week - which had no impact on my cruise whatsoever. On our Fantasy cruise in December there was a moderate-sized "gospel" type group, and while they were mildly obnoxious they also had no impact on my enjoyment of the cruise. I did have to leave the Promenade Deck at one point because a group of older ladies began to sing When the Saints Go Marching In so badly that it hurt my ears ;)

My parents and my aunts are going on a cruise out of NOLA in November and apparently it's a "Blues Cruise." They're freaking out a bit after reading some of the posts here (they lurk, but don't post). I'm sure it will be fine.

You're going to have all kinds of people on your cruise, whether they're an organized group or not. Some people will be obnoxious, rude, even threatening, while most people will be friendly and respectful. So if there's the dreaded "group" on your upcoming cruise, take it with a grain of sea salt. It will most likely be just FINE.

Uhhh, HELLOOOOOOO????????

YUM! You aren't by chance going on the 9/8 Ecstasy are you? I take the Firemen/Paramedics! You never know, I might need "reviving"!;)

Ok I googled my cruise and found that there is a FIREFIGHTERS/EMS GROUP CRUISE planned for my cruise. Has anyone had experience with groups of this nature?? I'd think that if anything I'd be really safe???:D:D Or maybe the opposite? :eek:

I'm thinking I might need a rescue........Firemen....yummy!

I think there is another cruise sometime in March for MO area EMS folks (many of the EMS folks are also Firefighters).

During the day they offer CEU's ( continuing education units) And in the evenings... well I am sure there are other activites available ;)

Also around here, it seems the relationship with the paramedics & the Nurses seem to be Fire & Ice at times!! ( in & out of the hospital !)

hey, the ICU nurse missed you in vegas. A cruise with firefighters and EMS is the rare one not to worry over, just buy one a drink and you're in for the fun! People who risk their lives for strangers and their stuff are the LEAST of your worries, its the unknown that should keep you on your toes. You're in good company.

:D Holy cow!!! Run while you can. Firefighters are the hardest partying, loudest, booze guzzling, running around nakedest people I know... Avoid interaction and never look them in the eyes. Your children are completely safe, but if you're over 21 you are a potential target for mayhem. If you find them in the company of nurses, expect the worst as one will amplify the others outrageousness. RUN!!!! ;)

On the brighter side, they tend to self regulate their rauchousness, as their jobs will not tolerate even mild arrests. Also someone is sure to pass the embarassing photographic evidence around the station for weeks to come. What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, what happens around Firefighters is talked about all week!:)

Bombero474 and GypsyRN

Ledgend 9/2/07

Archived