Split excursion question?

Hi all, first post on this site.

Myself, hubby and my elderly father (88 but still pretty active and drives!) will be travelling on the RCCL, Splendour of the Seas this October. One of the ports of call is Split and I am trying to decide what will be the better tour for him, and us, to book. My concern is that he finds walking for any length of time now quite hard on his old bones, bless him, and there are two particular tours we would like. First is the Best of Split and Countryside where guests must be able to walk 0.25m but over various surfaces with 100+ steps !! while the second choice is the Split Riviera, walking approx 0.50m over various surfaces with 75-80 steps !

If anyone has done either of these tours, I would be so grateful if you could let us know exactly how 'hard' you found the walking etc. :)

Many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from Splendour of the Seas. FYI, the tenders bring you right into town, so you can really get around on your own. The ruins of the palace are maybe a 3 minute walk from where they drop you off.

I think we did the Split Riviera excursion, but I'm not sure. It's the one that takes you to Trogir? The drive to Trogir took about 30 minutes. The guide takes you around a bit -- maybe 30-45 minutes of walking around the small town. Then, we had a half an hour or so to do our own thing. There were no stairs that I can recall and the ground was not uneven. After Trogir, we stopped at an old mill restaurant for some food and music. We stayed there for about 45 minutes and then headed back. It was a nice afternoon.

I am also going on the SOS in October and was curious about Split. I didn't know what "Hvar" was (one of the tours offered) but looked on mapquest to see how far it was and then some info on internet. It looked like a charming village. I can't remember if it involved much walking, but you might want to look into it.

CruisinTraveler

Thanks to both for replying. The Split Riviera was the tour that both hubby and me really fancied but I was concerned about the "75-80+ steps" it mentioned. I have since spoken to RCCI and they were very helpful and basically ran through the whole tour with me explaining that the 'steps' are the entrances to most of the ruins/churches etc. so I think we can now feel safe enough to book this tour with my father.

I know its only one week but I am really looking forward to this cruise now - we just hope the weather stays good and the seas CALM !

Archived