"Must Have" Souvenirs

ALEZ

Alez, it all depends on whether your crowd drinks "adult beverages." Cruzan rum in all flavors and sizes are great gifts. You can get a boxed 8 pack of minis with coconut, mango, etc flavors for about $12 at the Captain's Corner stores in Havensight or town, and probably at Caribana in town and maybe other stores.

Rum balls are another Virgin Islands specialty (something else for drinkers!), and you can find them boxed for about $5.XX at most souvenir stores.

Pirate items are big from t-shirts, mugs, toys, flags, etc.

The Caribbean hook bracelet is popular with both men and women, and supposed originated on St Croix, VI. You'll find it mostly in sterling silver starting at about $30 with prices higher or lower depending on the size and amount of silver. They're also available with larimar, the gemstone of the Caribbean.

A few people make candles from coconut shells or shells, and they're sold at a few stores.

That's all I can think of right now. If something else comes to mind, I'll post again.

the pirate items go over great with the kids, especially boys. I brought home a bunch of pirate stuff for them and they love it.:D

Also, the prices on liquor are great and you are allowed 5 bottles per person duty free, 6 if one is produced in the VI. We also brought back that Cruzan Assorted Rums as Ms411 mentioned.

Thanks, I appreciate the ideas. We are not big drinkers, but the flavored minis sound like a nice souvenir to take home. Let me know if you think of anything else.

Alez, I forgot about the coffees. Though none are grown on St Thomas, most of the stores carry island-flavored coffees like rum cream, Caribbean Blend, Kahlua, etc. I'm not a coffee drinker, so I can't tell you if they're good or not - maybe somebody else can comment? You'll find them at most souvenir stores and A.H. Riise.

Some people like to collect shells, and you can find some nice ones at some stores. People are using them in their decor these days, and some people are just collectors. Crafters usually like them, too. You can even find some already made into nice Christmas ornaments.

Too many ideas for you, yet??? :)

I really can't think of much that's 'special' to the island.

The rumballs would be the closest thing, but not good to store on a long hot beach day!..If I buy liquor, I usually try to find something that's not sold at home and is made locally. Hot sauces tend to be something most islands have and is small to carry and inexpensive

I collect Christmas souvenirs at each island I visit and I found the cutest santa sleeping in a hammock in St Thomas.

It was in one of many souvenirs shops, so I'm sure you can find something like it.

I always smile when I get it out of my christmas boxes... memories....ahhhhhhhhhh.............

Archived