The Great Pants/Shorts dilemma?

I have chino's that fall just below my kness when I am standing. I guess they would be between bermuda shorts and capris? They came from NY & Co (formerly Lerner's) and I feel that these are dress casual and I can pair them with a nice top, heels, and jewelry. I have seen people wear this style to some work offices.

Do you think these would be appropriate?

Are backless shoes acceptable? I work in an office where we cannot wear backless shoes, so I will be in heaven if we can!! :D

To both of your questions, absolutely yes!

There are some Fashion Police on these boards who might nit-pick the chino's, but don't let them get to you. In the REAL dining room, what you describe will be perfectly acceptable. And what matters the most is being good company at dinner. :)

Personally I think with the right accessories, what you have will be fine. You should be able to dress the outfit up or down by doing so. Backless shoes are okay as well.

What I use for a good rule: "No matter how good OR bad I look, there's always someone who looks way better and a whole lot worse than me."

Personally I think with the right accessories, what you have will be fine. You should be able to dress the outfit up or down by doing so. Backless shoes are okay as well.

What I use for a good rule: "No matter how good OR bad I look, there's always someone who looks way better and a whole lot worse than me."

As long as the dining room doesn't consider them to be shorts, you'll be fine. You probably will be fine because the cruise lines don't seem to be checking anyones clothes, anyway :rolleyes:

A client said something the other day, I don't know where they got it, made up themselves or someone elses quote. "What someone else thinks of me is none of my business". So very true, no matter who you are, what you are wearing, your size, coloring, hair etc... someone else may not like it or approve. I'm not spending any more time worrying about what others may think, I'll just do what I think is best for me :)

A client said something the other day, I don't know where they got it, made up themselves or someone elses quote. "What someone else thinks of me is none of my business". So very true, no matter who you are, what you are wearing, your size, coloring, hair etc... someone else may not like it or approve. I'm not spending any more time worrying about what others may think, I'll just do what I think is best for me :)

Now if others would adopt the same mindset just imagine how much better the world would be.

One is allowed to dream,right ?

Archived