Booking On-Line Shore Excursions

Burt

Has anyone had any problems with access to booking shore excursions on-line for the Fall Season? Included with each booking summary is the section for booking shore excursions; stating that they will be available 120 days prior to sailing.

Prior to Carnival taking over Princess, shore excursions were available between 90-60 days prior to sailing. We are sailing Nov. 14th and shore excursions are still unavailable.

After calling Princess a number of times and our TA doing the same, we were informed that "sometimes the system doesn't work so good". We were finally told that they would probably be available the end of September, about 45 days prior to sailing.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem????????

For DoniaG:

Normally, when you receive your pre-cruise package (about 60 days out) it will include a detailed list of shore excursions that you can send in by snail mail or go on-line and book them there.

In the past (pre-Carnival) 60 days was the norm. Even though each booking summary now says 120 days, it will probably be 60 or less days.

KAJONG..the 10/31 cruise shouldn't have to worry too much about port berths as every port the Coral will be the only ship there...even Cozumel and Grand Cayman...that shocked me! I just hope in Cozumel we're at Puerta Langosta and not Puerta Maya :)

ROOHOUND = That is incredible -- I don't recall ever being in port without another cruise ship! Do you? Actually, I was not concerned about our excursions. I was attempting to explain to another poster the reasons why the lines are sometimes late choosing which excursions to offer.

I understand, I was just making conversation :)

I think only time I've been in port alone was when we were in Alaska back in May. Cozumel I'm used to between 6-8 other ships in port with us...eek! Being there solo will be *nice*

Back to the original topic...I'm not sure what you meant by Fall season, but if that includes Panama Canal cruises I know Princess had some fanagling to do to get the Belize excursions straightened out so I think that delayed things as well.

If it's a Caribbean cruise, then I don't know :)

We are going Nov 21, and still no shore excusions opened up. I talked to Princess and she told me, "Well you should be able to reserve, Im not sure what the problem is" but thats ok, we went with private companies for all but Cozumel, that we are thinking of doing the New Waves dive through the ship. but I keep checking everyday...

good luck,

Kathy

We are sailing 12/9 for the Panama Canal and our excursions came up for booking this last week so that is at about the 120 day mark.

On being the only ship in port - we also did Alaska first week of May with no other ships at any of the ports AND the weather was great! Another great cruise if you don't want to fight the crowds is Tahiti. Paul Gaugan was in port in Tahiti with us but we never saw another ship at any of the other ports we visited.

We're doing the Panama Canal on Nov. 10 and the excursions only just came up yesterday. Our travel agent also was checking into it and Princess advised it was due to the new website. I know we were able to do them much more than 60 days before. For anyone going to Belize, I noted the excursions can be booked but there are NO details as to what they are. Anyone else have problems with this? We are trying to figure out whethe we have enough time to do an independent booking from the ship but can't tell until we get details on what the ship is doing. Oh well . . . still looking forward to going.

yeah, the no info for Belize is driving us slightly batty (short drive ;) )

I want to cave tube as I know what to expect with that, but DH wants to check out the descriptions of the other stuff before we make a final call..who knows, something else may totally blow my mind LOL

Cave tubing was a blast! If that is what you decide you should go with Reggie--he's terrific and it was so much fun! My only concern was on timing and making sure there is enough time to make it back to the ship which requires a tender. Last Nov. we were on Celebrity but I believe we did not leave as early as we will on the Coral.

We're sailing on the Island for the holiday cruise - 15 night Hawaii. This cruise has been sold out for months. The Cruise Planner said that we'd be able to book our shore excursions 120 days out, but I logged on about 135 days out and was able to book shore tours.

WooHoo!

Taters

I cruises I know Princess had some fanagling to do to get the Belize excursions straightened out so I think that delayed things as well. :)

That's what they told me. There is no description for the Belize tours,but I sgned on for one anyway to insure a space on something. Roohound, are you on the 31st sailing?

I am new to Princess but our excursions opened up the day after our final payment was due..........we are sailing November 6th and they just became available yesterday.

Our shore excursions were available the day after we made our final payment. Perhaps if you pay in full when you book (although I don't know why you would) then the excursions are bookable at 120 days. :o

Spoke with X-treme Cave tubing in Belize today, and as it stands now, they are offering NO excursions for Princess passengers, due to the goofy arrival/depart time. They were highly suggesting Princess change the hours or extend the stay, stressing that there won't be time to do anything as it stands. Perhaps this is why it is taking so long for Belize Excursions to show up on their website. It's pretty annoying for us, since we want to have plenty of time to make our decisions, but don't even know what will be available!

Archived