NCL / Dawn Packing Question

poodlephish

On the Dawn 09/02...How strict are they with the 50 lb bag limit?? Not flying so not an issue with that, nor is the 200 lb max limit...but don't want to get there with a 60 lb bag and told I have to repack or toss it. Thanks in advance.

We always drive to NY city port to get on the Dawn. In our 5 past cruises. We never had a problem with our bags being too much or weighed.

I didn't even know there was a limit!! :o Since I wasn't flying I packed everything I could think of. :D

I can tell you that a couple of my bags were WAY over 50 pounds. No one said a word (or weighed them for that matter). They pile a mountain of bags on the luggage carts the porters drag around. They don't know, or care, what each individual one weighs.

I did tip well. :)

We pack alot of stuff.

Never a problem..tip the luggage handlers well:)

How much do you tip the guys who bring your luggage to your stateroom? Since they just leave the bags outside, I might not even see them if I am elsewhere on the ship.

Archived