Interior Stateroom -- Goody Baskets?

TucsonDeb

What about robes?? We have a balcony in April on the Miracle and an inside next August on Victory. Anyone know if we will we get robes to use on both or just when we have a balcony? Thanks!

What about robes?? We have a balcony in April on the Miracle and an inside next August on Victory. Anyone know if we will we get robes to use on both or just when we have a balcony? Thanks!

You are going to love the Miracle. We sailed on her in June. She is a lovely ship with a great crew and fabulous service. :D Are you sailing out of NY and going to San Juan, St. Thomas and Tortola?

I had read that there are often "goody baskets" provided in the rooms, with razors, shampoo, conditioner, etc. Are these provided to interior staterooms? And is it every time or is it the luck of the draw (dependent on ship, for example)? For all cruises or cruises of certain lengths (a week or more, for example)?

I ask because I don't want to pack these items if they're going to be provided anyway ... but I'd really hate to count on them and then not be able to wash my hair -- or pay outrageous prices in the ship stores.

Thanks in advance!

It depends on the cruise line more than length of cruise. Regardless, you will pay a bit more than at discount stores but it's not all that bad. I was on the QM2 a few weeks ago and had to purchase shaving cream and it may have been a dollar more if that.

Do whatever will make you happy.:)

You are going to love the Miracle. We sailed on her in June. She is a lovely ship with a great crew and fabulous service. :D Are you sailing out of NY and going to San Juan, St. Thomas and Tortola?

Hi Sandi, Yes we're sailing out of NY and going to those ports. We're so excited!!! We're going with my girlfriend and her family. I just came from her house where we were on line looking at the ship and saying how we don't know how we can wait till then. The Miracle looks beautiful and we can't wait to see it in person.

Hi Sandi, Yes we're sailing out of NY and going to those ports. We're so excited!!! We're going with my girlfriend and her family. I just came from her house where we were on line looking at the ship and saying how we don't know how we can wait till then. The Miracle looks beautiful and we can't wait to see it in person.

Here is a link to my photos if you are interested in seeing the ship and the ports.

http://family.webshots.com/album/559434878OqoOin?vhost=family

I'd pack anything you plan on using. Our first cruise we hated using the bar soap to wash our hands so on the last one I brought a bottle of liquid soap from Walmart to use. The razors were in the basket on our first cruise but only a female one on the second cruise. The contents varied on both cruises with the only thing being consistent was the powdered vitamin c mix and the romance book. Keep in mind the ship doesn't have newspapers so if your spouse is one to read in the bathroom bring a magazine or two. I think the vision of my 43 year old hubby reading a Harlequin in the bathroom has permanently embedded itself into my brain lol. We also prefer our own bar soap from home so we bring one of those with us as well.

SO it seems l can be sure i will have soap and shampoo there. What kind of soap is in there? Is it the body wash kind (i hate barsoap)? If so, i hope its unisex instead of some fruity stuff.

Anyone remember what exactly it was?

-thanks.

If you are picky you might want to bring your own.

The soap is Lever2000 or Dove, yes it body wash.

Archived