RCCL Vision of the seas ? OR Carnival PRIDE ?

melika091900

I cant decide which ship to go on next

the cons of RCCL is that on the dates we are looking at there is 3 other ships in the ports the same days, meaning we will probably have to tender at every port which will be bad since my mom is using her wheelchair and if its windy or rocky she wont be able to get off..

any other advice as far as the ships. service . food ETC.. .

thank you all in advance..

Melissa

I have not been on those specific ships, but I've been on their sisters. These classes of ships are very similar. Food, entertainment, shows, etc. were very comparable.

The Vision is the oldest of her class, but I'm sure she's very well maintained.

The Pride is part of the only class of Carnival ships I actually like.

The biggest difference I saw was on the pool deck. The Vision Class has a nice, open, airy pool area. Pride's pool deck feels very closed in and confined. Also, when I was on the Miracle, they didn't even have pool chairs around the upper deck around the pool. Not sure if they do the same thing on Pride.

But I'll tell you this, you'll be happy on both ships. If it comes down to the issue you mentioned, perhaps the Pride is the one for you.

I've been on Pride and Mariner of the Seas, and liked them both. The Pride seemed to cater more to young families, while there were a lot of teens on Mariner. I found Mariner to be more "entertaining": the shows were wonderful (not that Pride's were bad), and there were several evening events held in the Royal Promenade which were alot of fun (parades, a 70's dance party).

I believe that tenders can accomodate wheelchairs under most circumstances; other posters can give you more info on this.

Honestly, I think you'd enjoy either ship.

I have been on both the Vision and the Pride and I much prefer the Vision of the Seas! The Pride is very "ugly" as far as decor goes in my opinion, too dark and dreary and closed in feeling. I much prefer the Vision and the floor to ceiling windows in the dining room are spectacular.

I've been on Pride and Mariner of the Seas, and liked them both. The Pride seemed to cater more to young families, while there were a lot of teens on Mariner. I found Mariner to be more "entertaining": the shows were wonderful (not that Pride's were bad), and there were several evening events held in the Royal Promenade which were alot of fun (parades, a 70's dance party).

I believe that tenders can accomodate wheelchairs under most circumstances; other posters can give you more info on this.

Honestly, I think you'd enjoy either ship.

Mariner of the Seas is not the same class as vision of the Seas-vision came out several years before the voyager class ships. NO RP on Vison-no skating rink either

thankyou all for replying..

so we were leaning towards the pride since it was the same price, and when we dock in mexico on RCCL there will be 3 other ships there

on the pride its only the pride...

i say this because i dont think tendering in all the ports would be fun, i know we tender in cabo always, but in the other ones i would rather walk off the ship...

thank you all again

Archived