Grand Suite on Serenade or Radiance of the Seas

Just a few questions :)

On the Serenade or the Radiance of the Seas, has anyone stayed in a Grand Suite? If so, which cabin number? Did you like this cabin? Location? Balcony? I've heard that on a few of the Grand Suite balconies, people from the Concierge Lounge can look right at you? Is this true? Anyone LOVE their Grand Suite Cabin they where in and would recommend it to me?

Ok, enough with the 100 questions :)

Thanks,

Jennifer in MI :D

Just a few questions :)

On the Serenade or the Radiance of the Seas, has anyone stayed in a Grand Suite? If so, which cabin number? Did you like this cabin? Location? Balcony? I've heard that on a few of the Grand Suite balconies, people from the Concierge Lounge can look right at you? Is this true? Anyone LOVE their Grand Suite Cabin they where in and would recommend it to me?

Ok, enough with the 100 questions :)

Thanks,

Jennifer in MI :D

Sorry for stepping in here as I don´t have first hand information to your questions regarding Radiance and Serenade. I haven´t been on these ships. I´ve been in a GS on the Jewel. As it´s the same class of ships I think they are quite similar. I stayed in 1552. It´s a great rom in a great location. Very near to the Centrum and the concierge lounge, which I think is very convenient. The concierge has the best coffee on the ship and it´s nice to get a cup for having on the balcony.

To give you an idea of the view from the concierge lounge I have a link to one of my pics:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/157779775/157780404vngNBS

You can decide by yourself how much view of your balcony the people have from the concierge lounge.

In my eyes, if privacy is an issue, I wouldn´t choose the cabin next to the concierge.

Having said this I would recommend 1552 (and I´ll be in it again in a few weeks) but the balcony can be watched from 1554 and vice versa. So not too much privacy out there, but at least you know if somebody is watching you as you can spot him. You will not know if there is anybody in the lounge when being on your balcony next to the Concierge.

Hope this info helps even if it´s from the Jewel and not the ships you are interested in.

If interested you´ll find more pics of the Suite, Concierge lounge and ship at my website (se link in the signature).

*sigh*

I am waitlisted fro the GS suite onthe Jewel (suite 1554) This is the only GS I want since having it on the Serenade of the Seas , It is the Largest of all the GS cat. suites with all glass from wall to wall onto the Balcony with two 42" glass doors opening opposingly to give you a good 6 and a half foot opening onto the deck. Plus it is unobstructed on the HUMP right beside the Royal Suite and is Directly across from the Concierge which is on the same location on the port sideof the ship.

We were in 1554 on Brilliance and absolutely loved it. The location of this room made it a little different from the other GS suites. Instead of having a floor to ceiling window and a sliding glass door it has one GIANT sliding glass door. The door open away from each other from the center so when you open them the entire back wall of the room opens up to the balcony. It was absolutely wonderful... (On Radiance and Brilliance 1554 and 1556 are like this... On Serenade and Jewel it is only 1554)

If you go to this link you will see what I am talking about... this is from Radiance.

http://www.cruisesonly.com/c/media.asp?hid=11665&vessel=225&lineid=44&mpg=t&p=/tours/thumbs/royal_44/225/44_225_grand_oceanview_suite_cab.jpg&pg=3

then go to this link and this is a regular GS from Brilliance (the Serenade one was blurry)

http://www.cruisesonly.com/c/media.asp?hid=10132&vessel=399&lineid=44&mpg=t&p=/tours/thumbs/royal_44/399/44_399_grand_oceanview_suite_with_balcony_cab.jpg&pg=4

We were in 1536 on Radiance in March. It also has the one large window and sliding door with no wall in the middle. As with most balconies, the folks in the neighboring cabins can look around the partition and see you, if they are nosey.

We thoroughly enjoyed Radiance and are booked in 1032 on Serenade in a couple of weeks. I doubt that we will be lucky enough to have the same door/window configuration, but one can always hope.

We were in 1554 on Brilliance and absolutely loved it. The location of this room made it a little different from the other GS suites. Instead of having a floor to ceiling window and a sliding glass door it has one GIANT sliding glass door. The door open away from each other from the center so when you open them the entire back wall of the room opens up to the balcony. It was absolutely wonderful... (On Radiance and Brilliance 1554 and 1556 are like this... On Serenade and Jewel it is only 1554)

If you go to this link you will see what I am talking about... this is from Radiance.

http://www.cruisesonly.com/c/media.asp?hid=11665&vessel=225&lineid=44&mpg=t&p=/tours/thumbs/royal_44/225/44_225_grand_oceanview_suite_cab.jpg&pg=3

then go to this link and this is a regular GS from Brilliance (the Serenade one was blurry)

http://www.cruisesonly.com/c/media.asp?hid=10132&vessel=399&lineid=44&mpg=t&p=/tours/thumbs/royal_44/399/44_399_grand_oceanview_suite_with_balcony_cab.jpg&pg=4

I will be booking 1554 or 1556 on Radiance!!!!

Thanks!!

Well, I'm bummed now. Our GS on the Jewel for 11/20 is the one right next to the concierge!! When I first saw the deck plans, I just assumed there wouldn't be an issue with the privacy. Who the heck designs a ship so the concierge lounge windows look right onto the balconies!?! Chalk it up to naivety and not doing enough research.... Live and learn

I called our TA to see if there is another room and it's completely sold out.

Thanks for the pictures. It's good to be prepared. I showed them to my husband so he can get used to the idea. I'd rather have him dissappointed now (and have time to get over it), then have him surprised when we get to the ship. Otherwise, I'd hear about it all week. :-)

tmartin1 - I looked at those photo's of the C. Club and one would have to get right up next to the windows and fight with a sofa to get a good look at you on the balcony. More than likely, if someone were to spot you on your balcony, they would probably bounce away from the window just as quickly instead of staring. Just don't do anything you would be embarrassed about later. :D

*sigh*

I am waitlisted fro the GS suite onthe Jewel (suite 1554) This is the only GS I want since having it on the Serenade of the Seas , It is the Largest of all the GS cat. suites with all glass from wall to wall onto the Balcony with two 42" glass doors opening opposingly to give you a good 6 and a half foot opening onto the deck. Plus it is unobstructed on the HUMP right beside the Royal Suite and is Directly across from the Concierge which is on the same location on the port sideof the ship.

Well I´m not sure about this. I thought the same thing beforehand, looking at the deck plans. Although I didn´t measured it when I had a look at 1554 on the Jewel and compared it to my GS (1552) I thought it was a different layout because of the hump and it seemed smaller to me. However I´m sure it´s not such a big deal.

I was in 1552 because the people next to us and ourselves became very good friends . We went back and forth and compared. I was also told by the Concierge it is the largest and has the best view.(hump)

I want 1554 from now on..*sigh* I am still wait listed for it on the Jewel.

I don't like the layout of 1600 but the aft balcony is great. Here is a link for photos of it (not the best but you get the idea). Click on the link... the photo gallery is in alphebetical order. Go to the gallery "Radiance March 2002" the last 6 pictures are of 1600 on Radiance.

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/picturepost/indexalpha.php

Personally I like the way the GS is split up, living room, bedroom, wet bar/closet etc. 1600 just doesn't have the same definition... although I love those aft balconies.

The photos are a Godsend I booked the Jewel out of Boston(NO FLYING) 10 day 10-12-2005 and booked 1554 . Did not know if this was an o.k. or not but I am reassured by photos. It will be our 26th Anniversary and I just wanted something very special and, I think becuse of you all I did o.k. It will be nice to be near the elevators and stairs and concierge. Anyone have actual photos of cabin 1554? thank you for the photos of 1552 I put them on my screen saver so now I have them to look at all year till our cruise.AND pay for it all year too ;-}..Oh I'm not sitting tah home for our 25th we are off to Baltimore(NO FLYING) for the 10 day Granduer in a Junior Suite,any chance one of you computer wizards has pics of that?Because the Junior Suite, went a little over the top on some extras and ordered doz.roses decorations champagne strawberries and romace package too .The whole Quahog!!!!Happy cruising I love this site!!

Archived