Beach suggestion near Puerto Limon

GloriaF

Hi, we have booked the A1 (no ziplining) tour with Charlie Soto for the morning we are in port. Charlie said he would pick us up at the pier one hour after the ship docks, which will be 7:30 AM and the tour lasts about 5-6 hours. That puts us back on the ship in time for lunch and then the entire afternoon free for the a trip to the beach as the ship doesn't leave until 7 PM.

So, we need suggestions for a nice beach near the Limon pier. Any advice and your experiences will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

I wrote to Charlie after I posted here and asked him about beaches, and I've already had a reply. He suggests that Bonita Beach, which is the one on his tour, is the best close to the port. He said it is only 15 minutes from the pier.

Does anyone else have any other ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at the photos that were offered on one of the threads on this board about the A1 or A2 tour - the only difference is the ziplining, I think. You can find a link to the photos by reading the posts. I just tried to find the link for you, and the thread has been removed. It was titled "Charlie Soto tours". That makes no sense to remove a thread that had so much on-going good info in it! That is the beach the tours end up.

It had a few photos of the beach, and a few chairs were visible and there was an outdoor restaurant. There were some trees at the edge of the beach and they said monkeys nearby. The sand looked coarse and not real white, but kind of tan. The water had some smallish waves and looked clear.

Since so many people have been there on the Charlie Soto tours, maybe you should start a separate thread with "Bonita Beach info needed" in the subject. I'm sure there is a lot of info out there about it.

i emailed charlie and heard right back from him! I asked if we could stay at the beach a little longer and he said no problem! I thought this might work better for us then going back to the ship and then back out to the same beach. and i know from other postings lunch at bonita beach is great and very cheap!! the tour is $54 pp and it includes admission for the tortuguero canal boat ride, refreshments, cokes, water, beers, & fresh fruits...

I am so excited!! We are all set to go! :)

That's great! You are going before us, so will you please post your impressions when you return?

And Congratulations and Best Wishes on your marriage. I'm sure it will be a wonderful honeymoon. :)

Gloria, sure, no problem! I try to do a review when we get back b/c i find others so helpful!! even if i dont get time to do a full review before you leave, i will be sure to stop in and give you an overview of our day w/ Charlie!!! :) Thanks so much for your kind wishes!

• 3 weeks later...
I looked at the photos that were offered on one of the threads on this board about the A1 or A2 tour - the only difference is the ziplining, I think. You can find a link to the photos by reading the posts. I just tried to find the link for you, and the thread has been removed. It was titled "Charlie Soto tours". That makes no sense to remove a thread that had so much on-going good info in it! That is the beach the tours end up.

It had a few photos of the beach, and a few chairs were visible and there was an outdoor restaurant. There were some trees at the edge of the beach and they said monkeys nearby. The sand looked coarse and not real white, but kind of tan. The water had some smallish waves and looked clear.

Since so many people have been there on the Charlie Soto tours, maybe you should start a separate thread with "Bonita Beach info needed" in the subject. I'm sure there is a lot of info out there about it.

The thread was moved to here........right above your post. Dont know how you could miss it.....lol:D

Archived