Lugage storage in Miami

dnialcdlo

I am cruising out of Miami next month and the airlines just cancelled the flight I was on in the morning and I'm now stuck there until well into the evening. I will enjoy the sights and beaches but where can I store my luggage for the day? Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

When we had a day to spend in Miami due to a fiasco I won't detail (nothing to do with the cruise line), we took a taxi to the airport after getting off of the ship and rented luggage lockers for the day. We then taxied back to South Beach where we met a family member who later drove us back to the MIA for our flight.

The ordeal was pretty expensive, and though I can't remember the exact dollar amount, I think it was around a 200.00+ unplanned splurge. Surely there has to be another way. If you decide to do it that way, though, I would check to make sure they still have those lockers at the airport because this has been about three years.

You could rent a car for the day for less than what we did.

When we cruised out of Miami, we flew American and they had a baggage check right at the port. We were able to check our bags at the port and then we headed over to Parrot Jungle until our flight later in the day.

At the time, I think American was the only one that had this. This was 3 years ago, so you might want to check if they still have this or if another airline does. I don't remember a charge for the service.

Express Luggage Valet Service

On Delta, you still had to claim your luggage when you got off the ship. ;)

This is how it was just done with us on Delta.

There are 4 airlines that I know of that do this service. American, Delta, Continental and United. By now there may be more.

We had this from Miami to home when we got off the Navigator. We had a late flight from Miami too.

For $10 a person, ( I heard it has gone up on some) 2 pieces of luggage each, you can sign up for it during your time on board. It was well worth it to us not to have to drag luggage around.

They have the forms at the pursers desk if you do not receive one in your room with your Cruise Compass.

We did a Saturday to Saturday cruise and the form had to be returned to the pursers by Thursday.

On the form, you give them your name, how many are traveling with you, your flight numbers, times, how many pieces of luggage you will be checking.

On the last night of the cruise, your cabin attendant will deliver the airline packet to your room. There will be the colored tags that RCCL gives you, the boarding passes for everyone (clear on through to your final destination), and the airline luggage tags. You put the colored RCCL tags on the bags, the airline baggage tags on and place them in the hall as you would normally do. People who use this service get Lavender RCCL tags. (we were given priority white ones, but did not use them because of the luggage express service.)

We were called off the ship at 7:00 am. (We waited on line and actually got off at about 7:45) We went to the Delta Lavender carousel and got our bags. We had a porter take them to the Delta area where all the express luggage is lined up. We had to accompany him until they were placed in the Delta area.

We had a 4:10 pm flight, so we took this option because we were going to stay around Miami for the day.

There are many tours you can take from the Bayside Marketplace, just on the other side of the bridge. Bus tours, boat tours, etc.

This service was great. We had no problems and it was really nice not to have to drag luggage to the airport. When you are done in Miami, you hop a cab to the airport and go right on to security and to your gate because you have your boarding passes already.

Here is the American Airline Express Luggage Service information from their website.

https://www.aa.com/content/urls/advanceBagCheck.jhtml

Archived