Door magnet help

rere30

You can try fed ex/kikos but I have heard they are costly. Here is what I did if it helps. For our cruise also in 2 weeks, I cut a piece of posterboard to the size I wanted my sign to be, printed images off the computer that I wanted on cardstock and then put it together like a scrapbook page. I went to Joanns fabric craft store and got a small roll if magnetic tape (I think it was 30 inches and cost .59 cents) and attatched the strips across the back of the posterboard in several places and it works great. Hope this helps. Have a great trip.

I am trying but my computer will not let me make a door magnet but i really want one for our cabin does anyone have somewhere they know of to go get one made i leave in less than 2 wks any help would be great.

Maybe I can help a bit - what program are you using to design it?

What type of printer are you using?

What's going wrong that it won't let you print it?

All you really need to do is print a test page - and when it's the way you like it, substitute magnetic paper in the printer - or to get card-stock and print it on that, then use 'self-sticking' magnets on the back.

If I can be of any help, let me know.

You can print it at Kinko's - but remember that they won't help you to design it, just print.

Another thing you could do but it would mean changing your original design.

I go to walmart to the computer paper section and they sell magnetic sheets of paper. I think 7 or 8 pages per package. a bright red package.

They stay in the door perfect.

Then buy stickers to put on the page. Michaels or Joannes has great stickers, so do most card shops or scrapbooking stores.

I have found great ones with disney characters, even beach themed ones or travel themed. They have stickers for tropical islands, travel, and even specific islands if you look.

You can lay them out before taking the backing off so you know exactly where to stick them and you can make some great signs quickly and easily by doing this.

That is all I ever do anymore. it looks great, is inexpensive, goes quickly and I have tons of choices of stickers to choose from so they look very original.

good luck,

mom x4,grandma x4

I go to walmart to the computer paper section and they sell magnetic sheets of paper.

Then buy stickers to put on the page. Michaels or Joannes has great stickers, so do most card shops or scrapbooking stores.

I have found great ones with disney characters, even beach themed ones or travel themed. They have stickers for tropical islands, travel, and even specific islands if you look.

mom x4,grandma x4

Thanks for the info! I had been wondering where people get the magnetic sheets from. My kids are going to love making their magnets.

You can also get the Bon Voyage package and it comes with a cake and magent for the door. But for our cruise on Radiance in a few weeks to Hawaii I am making my own. I put magents and Magentic tape. We won't attach it until we get to the cabin. Also helps us find the cabin! I am using Bright Yellow Posterboard and cut it in 1/2 and then went to Hobby Lobby, Michaels and Walmart for the stickers and so it my slef with the name of the ship, ports of call. etc. We are doing a seperate one for our stay at DisneyLand too.

Lexi

Archived