Mariner vs Exporer

marktime

We sailed on the Mariner shortly after it was launched and were impressed. This Spring we sailed on the Explorer out of Bayonne NJ to Bermuda and Eastern Caribbean. We were loved everything except the disembarking procedure. The meals were almost equal to the gourmet dinners on Celebrity. The beds had new memory foam mattresses that were devine. The entire staff was ultra friendly and gave super service.

This was our 16 cruise and 7th on RCI. My question is: has Royal Caribbean done an upscale job on all of their ships as far at food quality and level of friendly service or has it only happened on Explorer? Also, has RCI installed these wonderful comfort beds on other ships. We are thinking of doing the Mariner again and wonder if such upgrades have been done on her?

Would any recent Mariner passengers comment , please.

Mark

There have been upgrades throughout the Royal Caribbean fleet, especially when it comes to new suite amenities. If you search the forum threads for "new amenities", you'll find the answers to your questions. Certain things like bedding, tv's, etc are in all cabins and other things pertain only to suites GS and above.

Happy Hunting. By the way, I'll let you know about the food etc when I return in November...can't wait!!

Archived